I am wondering if there is a good Italian search site that you know of to try and research ancestors. All the ones I have come across has not been helpful..I do have a subscripyion to Ancestarty.com but I cannot find any specific Italian search there. Thank you for your time!
~ Diane
Can anyone help me with this?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
Diane,
You've stumbled into the best Italian research site of them all!
Why not give us some idea of what/who you are looking for and we'll see if we can help.
You've stumbled into the best Italian research site of them all!
Why not give us some idea of what/who you are looking for and we'll see if we can help.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you Carmine. I am looking for any info I can get on Dorothea Casmira/ Rozzoni and Ettore Dozzino/Rozzoni. Ettore changed the family name to Rozzoni after settling in Kenosha Wisconsin. I know that Dorothea came over on the boat with her daughter Maria Dozzina/Rozzoni in June 19, 1913. Dorothea wa born on Dec 18 1888 and Ettore was born on Dec 20 1887 in Rota Greca , Calabria area. I am looking for any siblings they may have had in Italy or their birth parents.
I sent letters to Rota Grexa Calabria Commune today and will ordering the micro fis films. I have done all this one a couple of years ago but I never heard from them and never were able to get the films.
Can anyone help me find a clue please?
`Diane
I sent letters to Rota Grexa Calabria Commune today and will ordering the micro fis films. I have done all this one a couple of years ago but I never heard from them and never were able to get the films.
Can anyone help me find a clue please?
`Diane
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
In rechecking the manifest for Ettore it shows his last residence as Rota Greca but his birth place as Celico.dianesato wrote:Ettore was born on Dec 20 1887 in Rota Greca , Calabria area.
Diane
Page 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002
Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0002
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
Older thread to avoid duplication of efforts.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... zzino.html
Biff
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... zzino.html
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
I was really hoping for some new info on my grandparents.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
what information do you sense you are lacking?....what is it thats missing in your minds eye? =Peter=
~Peter~
