Hi,
I look for Sacco from Calabria.
Giuseppe Sacco, son of Pasquale Sacco and Joana (Giovanna) Valota.
Giuseppe was born in 1858. I'm trying to find the Province or Comune where he was born.
He went to Brazil, where he died in 1938.
Valota or Vallota or Valotta, from Calabria too. She was wife of Pasquale Sacco. There are few records about Valota in the LDS (Mormon) data.
I would like to know how to know the Province/Comune where they came from.
Also, Pedro (Pietro) Sacco, Son of Giuseppe Sacco, was born in Brasile, went to Italy to fight in the First World War. He survived the war but never came back to Brazil. How can I find info about him in Military Italian Data bases?
Thank you.
Douglas Mariano
Sacco and Valotta
- douglasmariano01
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 10 Apr 2009, 16:59
- Location: Ottawa-CANADA-ON
- douglasmariano01
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 10 Apr 2009, 16:59
- Location: Ottawa-CANADA-ON
Re: Sacco and Valotta
Hi,
I've just received the information from Catanzaro. Giuseppe Sacco is in the Liste di Leva and was born in Pizzo.
Now I'm looking for his parents.
Pasqualle Sacco and Giovanna Valotta.
Douglas
I've just received the information from Catanzaro. Giuseppe Sacco is in the Liste di Leva and was born in Pizzo.
Now I'm looking for his parents.
Pasqualle Sacco and Giovanna Valotta.
Douglas
Re: Sacco and Valotta
www.paginebianche.it
Sacco in Pizzo
Valotta in Pizzo
89812 Pizzo (V V)
Sacco in V V
Valotta in V V (Vibo Valentia)
http://www.provincia.vibovalentia.it/
http://www.pizzocalabro.it/comune/
Sacco in Pizzo
Valotta in Pizzo
89812 Pizzo (V V)
Sacco in V V
Valotta in V V (Vibo Valentia)
http://www.provincia.vibovalentia.it/
http://www.pizzocalabro.it/comune/
Re: Sacco and Valotta
Hi Douglas,
I was wondering through the forum and noticed we shared a ancestral surname of Sacco in common. My great-grandfathers mother was named Maria Sacco. My ggf is Santo Graziano and he was born in Castagna, which I believe is or was a commune of Catanzaro. I can never confirm or deny it any time I try to research the region. Also, I see you are located in Canada. According to my mom we have relatives on my ggf's side living in there. I always assumed they were Graziano's but never could confirm that either. So who knows, perhaps it is his mother's side of the family that resides in Canada.
Christine
I was wondering through the forum and noticed we shared a ancestral surname of Sacco in common. My great-grandfathers mother was named Maria Sacco. My ggf is Santo Graziano and he was born in Castagna, which I believe is or was a commune of Catanzaro. I can never confirm or deny it any time I try to research the region. Also, I see you are located in Canada. According to my mom we have relatives on my ggf's side living in there. I always assumed they were Graziano's but never could confirm that either. So who knows, perhaps it is his mother's side of the family that resides in Canada.
Christine
- douglasmariano01
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 10 Apr 2009, 16:59
- Location: Ottawa-CANADA-ON
Re: Sacco and Valotta
Hi Christine,
Just now I found my Gran-Grand-father in Pizzo. It's about 50km. from Castagna-Catanzaro.
In fact, I'm looking for the other connections of my family.
We have to consider that the name Sacco is very common in Italy, but in that region of Calabria I believe many of them are related.
My family is from Brazil. My grand-grand-son went to Brazil by 1890 and got married there.
I know that some of my Sacco ancestors went to USA.
It's exactly what I'm trying to find.
If you go to www.saccoemariano.ca you will find my Sacco tree.
Let's keep working to find something.
If you want to send me more info about your ancestors, you can send me by the private messages.
Let's keep in touch.
Douglas
Just now I found my Gran-Grand-father in Pizzo. It's about 50km. from Castagna-Catanzaro.
In fact, I'm looking for the other connections of my family.
We have to consider that the name Sacco is very common in Italy, but in that region of Calabria I believe many of them are related.
My family is from Brazil. My grand-grand-son went to Brazil by 1890 and got married there.
I know that some of my Sacco ancestors went to USA.
It's exactly what I'm trying to find.
If you go to www.saccoemariano.ca you will find my Sacco tree.
Let's keep working to find something.
If you want to send me more info about your ancestors, you can send me by the private messages.
Let's keep in touch.
Douglas
Re: Sacco and Valotta
Thanks Douglas!
I will send you some information I have on my family tomorrow. I know Graziano is very common, I didn't realize Sacco was as well.
Talk to you soon!
Christine
I will send you some information I have on my family tomorrow. I know Graziano is very common, I didn't realize Sacco was as well.
Talk to you soon!
Christine

