Okay - update... I spoke with the NJ Registar in Bergen County - who was
really really nice... she suggested I speak with the funeral home... since they have the easiest time amending Death Certificates. So I did... spoke with the Funeral Director... who was the SAME ONE who signed the ORIGINAL death certificate 25 Years ago (he was a babe of 22 at the time)!!
He said to fill out the form and he would bring it down to have it changed... it has to go to TRENTON however which could take months...
Now... at the
SAME TIME... I received another copy my grandfather's death certificate (along with his marriage certificate) directly from the County... I ordered from both the state and the county because I wasn't sure which I would get first...
Okay on the
COUNTY Certificate... is simple... Name... date of Birth... date of death... cause of death... name of spouse...
nothing about citizenship or birthplace or parents or war service or any of the ancilery stuff.
Here's my question... do I go through the process of having the
other one amended anyway?!
Thoughts? Sorry I'm being such a freak... but my appointment is in 2.5 weeks and I still need apostiles and translations!
