Looking for Catholic churches in Lucca
- cometfan79
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 14:36
Looking for Catholic churches in Lucca
My maternal grandfather, Pietro Matteucci, was from Lucca and came to US in 1917. I am trying to locate any Catholic parishes in Lucca where he may have been baptized. Can anyone help me locate the names and addresses of any churches in Lucca?
Re: Looking for Catholic churches in Lucca
Which region? There is a Lucca in Toscana as well as Sicilia?
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
- cometfan79
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 14:36
Re: Looking for Catholic churches in Lucca
My apologies - Tuscana. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Re: Looking for Catholic churches in Lucca
Lucca, Toscana: Lucca town or Lucca province?
I cannot find a Pietro Matteucci arrived in 1917 from Lucca... the arrival is important because by that you can know the birth town if Lucca town or a Commune in Lucca province
I found only a Pietro Mattiussi( maybe Matteucci mispelled) from Cassiano ( maybe San Cassiano, Lucca) arrived in 1918...
If you can give us more detail we can help better..
suanj
PS why you need of a baptism certificate and not of a birth certificate?
I cannot find a Pietro Matteucci arrived in 1917 from Lucca... the arrival is important because by that you can know the birth town if Lucca town or a Commune in Lucca province
I found only a Pietro Mattiussi( maybe Matteucci mispelled) from Cassiano ( maybe San Cassiano, Lucca) arrived in 1918...
If you can give us more detail we can help better..
suanj
PS why you need of a baptism certificate and not of a birth certificate?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- cometfan79
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 14:36
Re: Looking for Catholic churches in Lucca
I will look at the copy of the manifest from his arrival at Ellis Island and put more accurate details on. Thank you for helping me. Clearly, my memory is poor from what I read and I am so unfamiliar with this process, I am more than just a bit confused. My goal from all of this is to locate the church he was baptized in so that I can come over in 2012 and have a Roman Catholic ceremony there. Thank you, again!

