STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Dexter, I just sent you a PM. It looks like we're researching some of the same people.
Surnames: Bonghi/Bongo/Bango - Strano - Sebastiani - Polito - Serge - Benigni - Micale - Mondi
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
SIMCE I HAvEN"T HEARD FROM YOU IN AWHILE, I WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE POSTED AND YOUR PM.bbango wrote:Dexter, I just sent you a PM. It looks like we're researching some of the same people.
It looks like the smae Polito and Strango..
Thanks DEXTER
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Hey guys,
it's been a while since I posted in this thread about my grandma's family - but I have a new finding today.
I have made an acquaintance from S Pier Niecto and he has gone to il Comune to help me find the documents of my great grandparents (births and marriage).
And today he found that Angelo and Josephine's marriage certificate (he scanned it for now but will send it to me via mail later)! This is very cool. They were married Jan 19 1906 in San pier niceto.
Also Josephine (Giuseppa) was born in Gualtieri Sicamino which is about 3.5km from San pier niceto. So he'll be going there next weekend to look for her birth certificate.
Something weird though - is that he couldnt find a birth certificate for Angelo in S Pier Niceto and I asked him maybe it's possible that he was registered with the last name Micale which was his mother's maiden name. Has anyone ever come across something like this where the child had the mother's maiden name? But he is going to check again for a birth of Angelo Micale instead.
If you read my first post in this thread, my grandma mentioned that Peter when he came to the states - went by the last name Micale instead of Strano but no one really ever knew why.
Cool!
it's been a while since I posted in this thread about my grandma's family - but I have a new finding today.
I have made an acquaintance from S Pier Niecto and he has gone to il Comune to help me find the documents of my great grandparents (births and marriage).
And today he found that Angelo and Josephine's marriage certificate (he scanned it for now but will send it to me via mail later)! This is very cool. They were married Jan 19 1906 in San pier niceto.
Also Josephine (Giuseppa) was born in Gualtieri Sicamino which is about 3.5km from San pier niceto. So he'll be going there next weekend to look for her birth certificate.
Something weird though - is that he couldnt find a birth certificate for Angelo in S Pier Niceto and I asked him maybe it's possible that he was registered with the last name Micale which was his mother's maiden name. Has anyone ever come across something like this where the child had the mother's maiden name? But he is going to check again for a birth of Angelo Micale instead.
If you read my first post in this thread, my grandma mentioned that Peter when he came to the states - went by the last name Micale instead of Strano but no one really ever knew why.
Cool!
Surnames: Bonghi/Bongo/Bango - Strano - Sebastiani - Polito - Serge - Benigni - Micale - Mondi
- ericataylor22
- Rookie

- Posts: 38
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 00:39
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Hi,
I am not sure which one you are, but if you are related to Aunt Connie and Stephanie Bango, than you are most definitely my cousin. Steph and I ran track against each other in high school in north central PA. I am Mary Teresa and Samuel Strano's grand-daughter and daughter of Emilie Strano Taylor.
I saw your posting and you have researched a lot of the same things that I have been looking for. I am looking into dual citizenship and I think you may have information that I could greatly use. If you have concerns about who I say I am, look at Ancestry.com under Strano Family tree or at this link: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/20801048/family?fpid=
Please contact me, I would love the opportunity to pick your brain and see if we can share information and potentially documentation. Email is ericataylor22@yahoo.com
I sincerely hope to hear from you.
Erica Taylor
I am not sure which one you are, but if you are related to Aunt Connie and Stephanie Bango, than you are most definitely my cousin. Steph and I ran track against each other in high school in north central PA. I am Mary Teresa and Samuel Strano's grand-daughter and daughter of Emilie Strano Taylor.
I saw your posting and you have researched a lot of the same things that I have been looking for. I am looking into dual citizenship and I think you may have information that I could greatly use. If you have concerns about who I say I am, look at Ancestry.com under Strano Family tree or at this link: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/20801048/family?fpid=
Please contact me, I would love the opportunity to pick your brain and see if we can share information and potentially documentation. Email is ericataylor22@yahoo.com
I sincerely hope to hear from you.
Erica Taylor
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Hey all, my name is a Dominick Micale and I live in western Pennsylvania, about an hour from Punxsutawney in Armstrong county. My dads father was Angelo Earl Micale and i know one of my grand paps had a brother named Peter. I do believe we are probably all related somehow ! My first dog was named Concetta by my grandpa Angelo (we called him Sonny) , and my dad has told me Sonny named our dog after I think it would have been Angelos grandmother
my email is Dominick.micale@gmail.com if anyone has any good family trees or info or just wants to chat!
