Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I just noticed that Nunziato named his second son Pasquale so that might be a clue to Maria Michela's father.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
No, I just found this thread after doing some research on ancestry.com. Thanks for all the great information. That would make sense for Nunziato to have named his second son after his mother's father since his first son was named after his father.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
That's great. Piece by piece I'm getting this family together. If you have any other info, I'd love to share.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Do you have any idea how Felice Antonio Briscione fits into the Briscione family tree? http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... 7323&pn=p4
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I saw this record a while ago, at first I kind of dismissed it. But in the new pilot site there is so much more info.
Felice is definitely from Contursi and was married in Foggia. Italian wedding usually take place in town of bride and are recorded there. Since there are no more Briscione records in Foggia, I am speculating that they returned to Contursi to live.
Some of the Family History records are suspect because they are just reports from family members, but this record is actually from Foggia civil records.
Felice is a Briscione family name. My grandfather's brother was a Felice and the Brisciones in Contursi now, trace their lineage through him.
I think (still speculation) that this Felice may be the father of Pasquale and Salvatore Briscione. If so it gives us another generation, his father was Matteo.
Felice is definitely from Contursi and was married in Foggia. Italian wedding usually take place in town of bride and are recorded there. Since there are no more Briscione records in Foggia, I am speculating that they returned to Contursi to live.
Some of the Family History records are suspect because they are just reports from family members, but this record is actually from Foggia civil records.
Felice is a Briscione family name. My grandfather's brother was a Felice and the Brisciones in Contursi now, trace their lineage through him.
I think (still speculation) that this Felice may be the father of Pasquale and Salvatore Briscione. If so it gives us another generation, his father was Matteo.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Rufolo is definitely a Contursi name. So is Marino! I noticed many Contursani in America still married each other. Iam not saying marriages were arranged, just that first generation stayed a tight knit community.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Do you have this info?
Surname Given Name Month
of Marriage Day
of Marriage Year
of Marriage County Certificate
Number Soundex
Forlenzo Vincenza Jan 13 1901 Manhattan 2695 F645
Groom is Giovanni Marino
Surname Given Name Month
of Marriage Day
of Marriage Year
of Marriage County Certificate
Number Soundex
Forlenzo Vincenza Jan 13 1901 Manhattan 2695 F645
Groom is Giovanni Marino
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... 9785&pn=p1
Yeah, I found that information about their marriage on familysearch a couple weeks ago, but when I looked at the microfilm at a family history center, it just listed their birthplaces as Italy. I know Vincenza is from Contursi, but I'm not sure where Giovanni is from. His mother's maiden name is Ricca. Is that a Contursi name too?
Yeah, I found that information about their marriage on familysearch a couple weeks ago, but when I looked at the microfilm at a family history center, it just listed their birthplaces as Italy. I know Vincenza is from Contursi, but I'm not sure where Giovanni is from. His mother's maiden name is Ricca. Is that a Contursi name too?
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Ricca is also a Contursi name. Do you have first names for Giovanni's parents?
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Gennaro Marino and Felicia Ricca
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found this a while ago, but I didn't realize until now that it could tell me the city that Giovanni is from. It's the naturalization index of someone named Alfonso Ricca. Giovanni Marino was the witness to the naturalization and they lived at the same address, so I'm guessing that they are cousins on his mother's side since they are around the same age. If I can obtain the actual record, that might have Alfonso's city of birth.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Interesting!!!
Most of my grandfather's nephews were barbers in NYC and his brother was a shoemaker.
Most of my grandfather's nephews were barbers in NYC and his brother was a shoemaker.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found Alfonzo's naturalization record on footnote.com, but it just says he was born in Italy. I guess he and Giovanni Marino are most likely from Contursi, but I do want to find some sort of proof.



