morale..morelli?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
flatbroke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Abbott, Tx

Re: morale..morelli?

Post by flatbroke »

Please note when WWII started up many of the MORELLI'S did change their name and move of to keep from going to war. They would either go back to Italy and fight or fight for the USA and fight their own. I have come across some Morelli's in Washington state that spelt their name Morell.....that are my cousins and the actual spelling is Morelli.....we are from the Pittsburgh Pa area......it is confusing and I wish you the best.....
flatbroke_75137@yahoo.com
User avatar
aegais
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Abbott, Tx

Re: morale..morelli?

Post by aegais »

I am a Morelli and yes the name was changed many times....Their is a movie that was a documentary put out in 2004 called "PRISONERS AMONG US"
Italian-American identity & World War II....it was give to me when I found a cuz..that spell's his name Morell....it was changed during the WW II....explains a lot....
Looking to tie the past with the future. Family is very important to me. With out them we would not be here.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: morale..morelli?

Post by PeterTimber »

There is one (1) PASCALINI listed as a surname?? =Peter=
~Peter~
Post Reply