I am trying to find the location of a grave belonging to Stephan Bibrowski. He died in 1930 and was buried on a cemetary in Novara.
Can anyone help me with names of cemetaries in this region? Also if anyone know if there are some kind of registers to search im. I am afraid I can not speak Italian, so every thing I have tried have so far failed...
I would be very greatful for any help, tip or suggestion on how to find the information I am after.
Sincerely,
Ann Nimue
Cemetaries of Novara?
Re: Cemetaries of Novara?
Dear Ann,
welcome to the forum.
This is who to contact in order to know where his graveside is located inside Novara cemetery
http://www.comune.novara.it/servizi/cim ... mitero.php
this is the office to contact in order to have his death certificate
http://www.comune.novara.it/servizi/urp ... p=3B02352B
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
welcome to the forum.
This is who to contact in order to know where his graveside is located inside Novara cemetery
http://www.comune.novara.it/servizi/cim ... mitero.php
this is the office to contact in order to have his death certificate
http://www.comune.novara.it/servizi/urp ... p=3B02352B
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Cemetaries of Novara?
Ann,
This thread http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... bones.html along with a few others discusses the cemetary situation in Italy. A couple of important points:
a) The Italian word for cemetery is Cimitero
b) Cemeteries (Cimiteri) are owned and operated by the comune. Hence, in this case, see http://www.comune.novara.it/servizi/cim ... mitero.php (a rough English translation of the same page: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... so-8859-15 )
c) Italy has limited space for burials; remains are typically removed from graves after some number of years and placed in a comunal ossuary, then the original gravesite is prepared for re-use.
This thread http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... bones.html along with a few others discusses the cemetary situation in Italy. A couple of important points:
a) The Italian word for cemetery is Cimitero
b) Cemeteries (Cimiteri) are owned and operated by the comune. Hence, in this case, see http://www.comune.novara.it/servizi/cim ... mitero.php (a rough English translation of the same page: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... so-8859-15 )
c) Italy has limited space for burials; remains are typically removed from graves after some number of years and placed in a comunal ossuary, then the original gravesite is prepared for re-use.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Cemetaries of Novara?
Thank you so much! I can not believe how fast it went from me asking to someone replying here - much appreciated.
I have written the office and asked, so crossing my fingers that I will hear from them.
I have written the office and asked, so crossing my fingers that I will hear from them.

