Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
cutterlm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 02:20

Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Post by cutterlm »

Thanks Tessa, mb and vj! You people are amazing.

VJ, I've been able to track Emma's ancestry back to the Mayflower and beyond, but never had her actual birthdate, so thank you.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Post by Tessa78 »

vj wrote:PUCILLO

Found it
Rocco travelled with his sister Filomena

27 Nov 1902, SS Vancouver, Naples to Boston
lines 10-11
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8193/1902q.jpg
Hey Valarie! What a find :-D
Surnames weren't even CLOSE...

Hi Laurel - Glad to have helped! :-)


T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Post by Tessa78 »

I just posted the link to the manifest for Caterina...

Didn't realize that I hadn't done that before :oops:

T.
User avatar
cutterlm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 02:20

Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Post by cutterlm »

Would anyone out there be able to tell me the best way to get information from Grottaminarda? Specifically, I am looking for birth records, especially those of Luigi and Caterina. I would like to find out who there parents were, etc. etc. Thank you.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Post by vj »

cutterlm wrote:Would anyone out there be able to tell me the best way to get information from Grottaminarda? Specifically, I am looking for birth records, especially those of Luigi and Caterina. I would like to find out who there parents were, etc. etc. Thank you.
I'm so sorry we missed your question
I hope this helps
Valarie

Your nearest Family History Center can order records for Grottaminarda on microfilm.
The cost is about $5.50 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.

Title:
Registri dello stato civile di Grottaminarda (Avellino), 1809-1910 Grottaminarda (Avellino).
Ufficio dello stato civile

Film notes for Grottaminarda:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Grottamin &columns=*,0,0
---

In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records

FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
You may want to call first to verify the hours they're open.
Most centers are staffed with very helpful volunteers.

A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center

Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
---

Italian Record Research from FamilySearch guides:
Italy Research Outline
---

Also from FamilySearch (PDF format)
Italian Records Extraction - An Instructional Guide
---

You could also try writing to the comune, but your records may be too old

Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Or other helpful form letters:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Address:
Comune di Grottaminarda
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso V. Veneto
83035 Grottaminarda AV
ITALY

http://www.tuttitalia.it/campania/50-grottaminarda/
---

Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
User avatar
cutterlm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 02:20

Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda

Post by cutterlm »

Thank you, VJ! This is helpful, as I still have not made it to the local Family History Center. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Post Reply