Today something happened, finally, I got something in the mail from Torino and it was called at certificazioni demografiche Estratto Per Riassunto de Atto de Nascita but it wasn't what I expected. I expected a photo copy of the record. This is a typed document but stamped by an official. Is this what you normally get a typed piece of paper? Can anyone tell me if this is the mother or the fathers name of the person and why don't they have both mother and father? It reads:
Nicola Teresa Francesa
di Nicola Giuseppa
now how would I find the birth certificate of the "di Nicola Giuseppa" so I could go further if I don't know the DOB of "di Nicola Giuseppa". Please help.
I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need help
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need
You received an extract of the original handwritten record. If you need a document for a dual citizenship application, this is perfect.
For genealogy research purposes, most people prefer the "Copia Integrale" because it is a true photocopy of the original record and thus contains lots of info not on the estratto. On the other hand, these original records can be very difficult to read and interpret...
For genealogy research purposes, most people prefer the "Copia Integrale" because it is a true photocopy of the original record and thus contains lots of info not on the estratto. On the other hand, these original records can be very difficult to read and interpret...
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need
Johnnyonthespsot thank you for that, I am doing genealogy research, even though I wish I had Italian citzenship! So do I need to go back and request that "Copia Integrale" more specifically?
and I still don't know if that is her mother or her father or how do I take this further. Any help out there appreciated.
and I still don't know if that is her mother or her father or how do I take this further. Any help out there appreciated.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need
I believe the correct title of the document you want is "Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita".vickig wrote:Johnnyonthespsot thank you for that, I am doing genealogy research, even though I wish I had Italian citzenship! So do I need to go back and request that "Copia Integrale" more specifically?
and I still don't know if that is her mother or her father or how do I take this further. Any help out there appreciated.
As to the one you received, I have uploaded a copy of an aunt's estratto below; click the thumbnail for a full sized image. Is this what you received?
This example says that Rosina Iacovo was born in Malvito ("nata a Malvito") on July 9, 1908 ("in data 09/07/1908"), that her father's ("paternità ") first name was Filippo (it is understood that the father's surname is Iacovo - the same as the child's), and mother's ("maternità ") full name was Maria Francesca Altieri.

Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need
Yes pretty much looks like that. Thank you for that. I will request the other one, but will it have both parents names on it?
I still need to get to the bottom of her mothers maiden name issue and possibly her fathers father's name so I can carry on.
I still need to get to the bottom of her mothers maiden name issue and possibly her fathers father's name so I can carry on.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need
So, you are saying that the document you received does not specify the parent's names? Most unusual...
Here is a helpful tutorial on what to expect and how to read the Copia Integrale http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/FHD/ ... layer.html
Here is a helpful tutorial on what to expect and how to read the Copia Integrale http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/FHD/ ... layer.html
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need
it had one parent listed di Guiseppa Nicola only but I know her father's name
you see I have her SS Card application and her mother's maiden name is unreadable that is why I need this certificate
you see I have her SS Card application and her mother's maiden name is unreadable that is why I need this certificate
