Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
We are going to Italy in Jan 2010 (dates not confirmed) and will be spending time in Bari for our son's wedding. My wifes realatives come from Taranto and Santeramo and I would like to arrange trips so she can visit relatives. Neither one of us speak the language. I looked up some people with the same last name from their telephone book for the town but not sure how they would be related. So, first we would like to find a travel guide and how can I notify her relatives about our visit since they may not speak English. Our future daughter-in-law and her family will be busy prior to the wedding so I can not use the. Any ideas?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
I think you missed your flight. 8OFred48 wrote:We are going to Italy in Jan 2010 (dates not confirmed) ...
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
Why not just write to the people you found in the phone book and inquire about the possibility of being related. If you are not, then maybe they can put you in touch with someone who is. You have the time...it would 't hurt. 
Here are some links for writing to possible relatives in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
T.
(Hey Carmine
good catch!)
Here are some links for writing to possible relatives in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
T.
(Hey Carmine
Re: Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
Here is a link to the City of Santeramo...
There is a City Hall email link at the site. Maybe you can email and ask about travel guides...
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/072/041/
T.
There is a City Hall email link at the site. Maybe you can email and ask about travel guides...
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/072/041/
T.
