Hi there,
ZI am trying to locate relatives. I don't know to much. I know my grandfather is Regolo Canale. he came to mthe US in the very early 1900's. My fathers name was Domonic Daniel Canale. He had 1 sister names Rose adn at least 1 other sister but not sure of the name. may have been Caroline. Any other sibs I'm not sure. think, the may have been from Catel Vecchio. Does anyone know anything about this family???
searching for relations
Re: searching for relations
Welcome to IG!
Did your family live in Scranton PA/Mount Vernon NY?
Biff
Did your family live in Scranton PA/Mount Vernon NY?
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: searching for relations
No, i believe the lived in NY
Re: searching for relations
i know that Regolo went back to Italy, probably in the late 50's early 60's. I also was told that at some point he came back to the states for heart surgery. i don't know when or if he stayed or went back-I was told they thought he went back.
Re: searching for relations
For references, Regolo Canale's first arrival on 1923:
Regolo Canale, age 22 (approx. birth year 1901), place of birth and last residence in Italy Castelvecchio, leaving in Italy his wife Anna, going to NYC to join his cousin Marco Pozzi.
page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
Laura
-edit to add:
1930 United States Federal Census
about Regold Canale
Name: Regold Canale
Home in 1930: Mount Vernon, Westchester, New York
View Map
Age: 29
Estimated birth year: abt 1901
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Race: White
Occupation:
Education:
Military service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Antonie Duronie 36
Rosario Duronie 36
Carmelia Duronie 9
Aldelmine Duronie 6
Dora Duronie 3
Quiolo Duronie 2
John Lindo 32
Regold Canale 29
Francesca Aloisi 58
image, from Ancestry.com:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsJIYPr
Regolo Canale, age 22 (approx. birth year 1901), place of birth and last residence in Italy Castelvecchio, leaving in Italy his wife Anna, going to NYC to join his cousin Marco Pozzi.
page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
Laura
-edit to add:
1930 United States Federal Census
about Regold Canale
Name: Regold Canale
Home in 1930: Mount Vernon, Westchester, New York
View Map
Age: 29
Estimated birth year: abt 1901
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Race: White
Occupation:
Education:
Military service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Antonie Duronie 36
Rosario Duronie 36
Carmelia Duronie 9
Aldelmine Duronie 6
Dora Duronie 3
Quiolo Duronie 2
John Lindo 32
Regold Canale 29
Francesca Aloisi 58
image, from Ancestry.com:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsJIYPr
Re: searching for relations
Another arrival on 1925. leaving his wife Anna in Castelvecchio....
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Regolo Canale
Name: Regolo Canale
Arrival Date: 11 May 1925
Estimated birth year: abt 1901
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Conte Verde
Search Ship Database: View the Conte Verde in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
NATIVITY: Italy
Line: 10
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_3650
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: castel vecchio
Page Number: 159
going to Scranton - PA
image, from Ancestry.com:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsJJhMA
possible death dates?
Social Security Death Index
about Regoldo Canale
Name: Regoldo Canale
SSN: 129-05-XXXX
Last Residence: 14011 Attica, Wyoming, New York, United States of America
Born: 27 Sep 1901
Died: Apr 1972
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)
Laura
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Regolo Canale
Name: Regolo Canale
Arrival Date: 11 May 1925
Estimated birth year: abt 1901
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Conte Verde
Search Ship Database: View the Conte Verde in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
NATIVITY: Italy
Line: 10
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_3650
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: castel vecchio
Page Number: 159
going to Scranton - PA
image, from Ancestry.com:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsJJhMA
possible death dates?
Social Security Death Index
about Regoldo Canale
Name: Regoldo Canale
SSN: 129-05-XXXX
Last Residence: 14011 Attica, Wyoming, New York, United States of America
Born: 27 Sep 1901
Died: Apr 1972
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)
Laura
Re: searching for relations
kiddd66,
I sent you a pm....
Laura
I sent you a pm....
Laura
Re: searching for relations
also found out that regolo had a cousin named mario Pozzi. He married a woman in US named Flora hey had two daughters Rose and mary Ann, a son my father Dominic Daniel Canale and i don't know if there were any other sibs.
My father was also married to a woman named Gladis (sp?) before he was married to my mom.
My father was also married to a woman named Gladis (sp?) before he was married to my mom.
- regolocanale
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 08:23
Re: searching for relations
I know who Domonic is. Please contact me.
Re: searching for relations
Hello,
I happen across this from a google search I was doing on my family. I have a grandfather named Regolo Canale that was born 12/27/1901 who had a daughter named Mary Ann Canale (my mother). Could this be mere coincidence or in fact the same person?
I happen across this from a google search I was doing on my family. I have a grandfather named Regolo Canale that was born 12/27/1901 who had a daughter named Mary Ann Canale (my mother). Could this be mere coincidence or in fact the same person?
- regolocanale
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 08:23
Re: searching for relations
I beleive they are most likely the same person. Do you have an aunt named Rose?ReneS wrote:Hello,
I happen across this from a google search I was doing on my family. I have a grandfather named Regolo Canale that was born 12/27/1901 who had a daughter named Mary Ann Canale (my mother). Could this be mere coincidence or in fact the same person?
I know my father (dominic) mother died when he was young.
