Ciao tutti,
I have a copy of my GGF's shipmanifest from Ellis Island. A couple of things seem rather odd.
Specifically, they have the last place of residence as "Morrval, Italy". As far as I know such a place doesn't exist, the name doesn't even look Italian. He was born in Lucca, Tuscany. Does anyone have any idea what "Morrval, Italy" might be in reference to?
Grazie.
Morrval, Italy
Re: Morrval, Italy
for reference:
manifest page 1 line 9 column 10
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009
Last residence is Morrovalle, a comune (municipality) in the Province of Macerata in the Italian region Marche
He was leaving his brother Cesare in Italy - living in Morrovale, Macerata Province (column 11)
---
manifest image from ancestry. com
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2985/1914b.jpg
"brother - Cesare at Morrovale in Italy Macerata Prov cia"
manifest page 1 line 9 column 10
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009
Last residence is Morrovalle, a comune (municipality) in the Province of Macerata in the Italian region Marche
He was leaving his brother Cesare in Italy - living in Morrovale, Macerata Province (column 11)
---
manifest image from ancestry. com
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2985/1914b.jpg
"brother - Cesare at Morrovale in Italy Macerata Prov cia"
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: Morrval, Italy
Thanks a million vj.
So this doc says he had a brother named Cesare? Interesting. I only have record of brothers named Gino and Giovanni and a sister named Ilva. I'll have to find Cesare's birth cert. Thanks
So this doc says he had a brother named Cesare? Interesting. I only have record of brothers named Gino and Giovanni and a sister named Ilva. I'll have to find Cesare's birth cert. Thanks
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
