Hello,
I've a question about a Death act written in Parish act.
A very long time ago, I've copy an extract of this act, but I've a little problem.
It's written " Maria Lucia R., ex qm Angelo ac qm Francesca C., uxor Aloysi S., sub mea assistentia...".
I can read, that Maria Lucia R., was the daughter of late Angelo and Francesco C., and was the wife of Aloysi S.
But what does the words "sub mea assistentia" mean? :
1- Does it mean that the Priest gave her the Sacraments before her death?
2- Does it mean, that he death wife was under the protection of the priest. Since at that time, I know that her husband was in America.
On purpose, I do not have written the family name in their totality.
Thanks for your help.
Death act meaning.
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: Death act meaning.
Asistencia means submission.
Submission means it depended on other missions for assitance.
Submission can also be called mini mission
Submission means it depended on other missions for assitance.
Submission can also be called mini mission
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Death act meaning.
with my assistance
Re: Death act meaning.
Thanks for your answers.
