Hello,
So I have been going to the FHC center for the last couple of months looking up records from Rende. I have been able to located birth dates for my great-great grandfather and his siblings. The last time I went I was looking to confirm the birth date of one of his siblings, Rosaria Aiello. While looking I found another sibling, Archangela Michele Aiello, born in 1895. None of my relatives know about him. Is there a way to find out what happened to them? I know on some records there are margin notations with marriage or date of death information. Maybe they didn't live long. Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks,
Nikki
Found new relative in Records, Now What?
Re: Found new relative in Records, Now What?
If nobody knew about him..I would look for the death. Maybe he died as a child. I would go year by year, starting with the year of the birth.
I know its a lot of work..so maybe you should start with using the indexes (on the film).
If you dont find him dead, look for the marriage.
I know its a lot of work..so maybe you should start with using the indexes (on the film).
If you dont find him dead, look for the marriage.
- princessbubbles_1
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 13:31
Re: Found new relative in Records, Now What?
Hi Found this record but its for a woman? Hope it's a help 
https://beta.familysearch.org/
Given Name: Arcangela
Surname: Aiello
Last Place of Residence: Bagheria, Italy
Date of Arrival: 30 Dec 1919
Age at Arrival: 22y
Ethnicity: Italian, South
Last place of residence: Bagheria
Port of Departure: Naples
Port of Arrival: New York
Gender: Female
Marital Status: S
US Citizen: No
Ship of Travel: Pesaro
Leaving sister: Aiello Pietra
Final Destination: Chicago,Ill
Going to see Brother Giuseppe Aiello
2231-W. Eric Street, Chicago Ill.
https://beta.familysearch.org/
Given Name: Arcangela
Surname: Aiello
Last Place of Residence: Bagheria, Italy
Date of Arrival: 30 Dec 1919
Age at Arrival: 22y
Ethnicity: Italian, South
Last place of residence: Bagheria
Port of Departure: Naples
Port of Arrival: New York
Gender: Female
Marital Status: S
US Citizen: No
Ship of Travel: Pesaro
Leaving sister: Aiello Pietra
Final Destination: Chicago,Ill
Going to see Brother Giuseppe Aiello
2231-W. Eric Street, Chicago Ill.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Found new relative in Records, Now What?
Perhaps because "he" was a her?nmaritch wrote:While looking I found another sibling, Archangela Michele Aiello, born in 1895. None of my relatives know about him.
Arcangela is a feminine name. Michele is usually masculine; possibly it was actually Michela?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
