Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Hi,
I'm back. That name does not seem to be a Contursi name. In fact, it doesn't appear in S Italy at all. The name Carneira appears in other parts of Salerno province.
I'm back. That name does not seem to be a Contursi name. In fact, it doesn't appear in S Italy at all. The name Carneira appears in other parts of Salerno province.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found Alphonse Briscione's certificate of arrival on footnote.com. I'm not sure if he's a relative though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Never saw this name before!!!!! I'll have to check it out.
found it!
On that date Maria Battista Briscione (Siani) came to the US with her children Alfonso, Amelia, Filomena and Gerarda Siani. She was my grandfather's sister. I don't know how Alfonso's name was registered as Briscione.
found it!
On that date Maria Battista Briscione (Siani) came to the US with her children Alfonso, Amelia, Filomena and Gerarda Siani. She was my grandfather's sister. I don't know how Alfonso's name was registered as Briscione.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found that a week ago when I still had a free trial to footnote.com. I'm guessing some of these documents probably belong to relatives too. http://www.footnote.com/search.php?quer ... in%3AItaly
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Maria and Rosa Briscione were my grandfather's sisters. Both married 2 Siani brothers in Contursi. Maria had about 12 children and Rosa 4. Those are all the Sianis you found. They were barbers in NY.
My father was very close to these NY cousins who went back and forth to Contursi. That was how I was able to connect with our family in Contursi.
In fact, they still live in the house that Maria and her husband owned.
My father was very close to these NY cousins who went back and forth to Contursi. That was how I was able to connect with our family in Contursi.
In fact, they still live in the house that Maria and her husband owned.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Hello all
I just found this site and it's very interesting. My grandfather is Christ Forlenza from Richmond County which is Staten Island NY.
I just found this site and it's very interesting. My grandfather is Christ Forlenza from Richmond County which is Staten Island NY.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Hi, and welcome to the forum,
Do you have any information on your grandfather. Is he from Contursi Terme?
Do you have any information on your grandfather. Is he from Contursi Terme?
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
If his grandfather is the same Christ Forlenza from the census on the first page of this forum, then his great-grandfather Giacomo came from Contursi. I haven't really found out much more about Giacomo though.
Do you think that these two documents could belong to the same Alfonso Ricca that I mentioned in an earlier post. They both have his signature, but the birth dates are slightly different. I know that the naturalization petition belongs to either a cousin or a much younger brother of Felicia Ricca since Felicia's husband John Marino signs the petition.


Do you think that these two documents could belong to the same Alfonso Ricca that I mentioned in an earlier post. They both have his signature, but the birth dates are slightly different. I know that the naturalization petition belongs to either a cousin or a much younger brother of Felicia Ricca since Felicia's husband John Marino signs the petition.


Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Yes he is my grandfather and my Giacomo great-grandfather. Years ago I had a copy of my fathers birth certificate and he was listed as Christy. Unfortunatly I don't know much more my grandfather died before I was born,and my father was not close with that side of his family my grandparents seperated when he was a young child.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Hi,
I know there is some information here. If there is anything else we can help you with, let us know. Do you know your grandmother's name? I looked for a marriage record for Christopher, but haven't found it yet.
I know there is some information here. If there is anything else we can help you with, let us know. Do you know your grandmother's name? I looked for a marriage record for Christopher, but haven't found it yet.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I doubt it's of any use, but this article appears to be about your great uncle Daniel Forlenza. The census matches with his age and it says he was born in Staten Island too. http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/may/13/ ... ed-berlin/
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
yes my Grandmothers maiden name is Mercatelli
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I finally obtained those death certificates. None of them say a city of birth though. I'm positive thisis the right Antonio Forlenza. I can't read the Place of Burial, but his wife Ma. Michela Briscione might be buried in the same place.
I'm also positive thisis the right Felicia Ricca since her son John Marino lived at 2014 Third Avenue in the 1920 census. I'm not sure why it says 2012 Third Avenue here though. It's got to be her though since her maiden name is Ricca. I can't make out her parents' names though or the place of burial.
The only death certificate I'm a little unsure about is Gennaro Marino's, which is here. 1858 Prospect Place is not far from where he was living in the 1905 NY Census, but it doesn't give me enough information to be completely sure this is him. All I know is that he was not living with his son John in the 1910 censusand his wife Felicia lived with their son John in the 1920 Census. By this time she's listed as widowed. I can't read his mother's name, but his father's name is Giovanni, which fits with Gennaro's son's name.
I'm also positive thisis the right Felicia Ricca since her son John Marino lived at 2014 Third Avenue in the 1920 census. I'm not sure why it says 2012 Third Avenue here though. It's got to be her though since her maiden name is Ricca. I can't make out her parents' names though or the place of burial.
The only death certificate I'm a little unsure about is Gennaro Marino's, which is here. 1858 Prospect Place is not far from where he was living in the 1905 NY Census, but it doesn't give me enough information to be completely sure this is him. All I know is that he was not living with his son John in the 1910 censusand his wife Felicia lived with their son John in the 1920 Census. By this time she's listed as widowed. I can't read his mother's name, but his father's name is Giovanni, which fits with Gennaro's son's name.
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Could this be the place?
Silver Mount Cemetery Association, 918 Victory Boulevard , Staten Island, NY 10301 (718) 727-7020
Silver Mount Cemetery Association, 918 Victory Boulevard , Staten Island, NY 10301 (718) 727-7020
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
On Felicia's certificate it looks like father is Simon Rica (Ricca) and mother is Elizabeth Brocco then unknown. (Brogna is a Contursi name)
Cemetery is crossed out, then says St. John.
Cemetery is crossed out, then says St. John.


