Nicosia family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by wldspirit »

My family immigrated to Illinois and lucky for me, stayed in the same general area. So my research is concentrated on collecting records here for historical purpose, and in Italy to trace as far back as I am able.
My surnames are Cupi, Grifoni and Rapetti. Possibly a Santucci........ :?
who at this point is still a mystery cousin.

wldspirit
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Hello its just me again.Just wondering if anyone would have an address of where to write to in order to get the birth or death ect. certificates from the province of Venezia.I seemed to find the information in Buenos Aires but not having no luck finding this one.When you write for the information do you have to know the precise date?Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks... Joey
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by mfjp »

I almost never do this... offer an address or email... as I am not even sure... so please - someone from the forum, correct me here!! Let's give j_sikkens the correct address and email to request info!!

Ufficio Anagrafe Mestre
Via Cappuccina 76
30172, Venezia-Mestre
Italia

Request a “Certificato storico di famigliaâ€Â
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Thanks mfjp you have been quite helpful you must have been at this Genealogy stuff for quite awhile because every way I worded looking for this information I could not find it.This will be quite useful maybe I'll just email them and see if its the right place.Well its winter here again hope you guys are getting better weather.Well thanks again!!!!!!
Joey
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

heh mfjp tried to email that address twice but it keeps coming back no address so I'll try to maybe write to the address its worth a try have nothing to lose.If anyone at all knows the address for sure I would really appreciate your help.Theres got to be someone on line from Italy that knows this information.Well everybody have a good day.
Thank you Joey
User avatar
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 208
Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00

Re: Nicosia family

Post by juanminbar »

j.sikkens wrote:Thanks for the info wldspirit.I think the letter will be quite useful.So are you looking for family to if so whats the name?Do you know if any of them came to Canada?Well thanks again...
Joey
============================================================
there are three alberto nicosia's that reside in sicily. each one is a different village. the name, address and phone number plus the village are listed below.


NICOSIA ALBERTO
63, VIA TORINO 95128 CATANIA CT 095447435 <http://mappe.libero.it/mappe/disambigua.jsp?ind=63, VIA TORINO&loc=CATANIA&cap=95128> <http://mappe.libero.it/mappe/disambigua.jsp?ind=63, VIA TORINO&loc=CATANIA&cap=95128> <../public/inviaMail.jsp?codice=5861353&localita=CATANIA&area=bianche> <../public/inviaMail.jsp?codice=5861353&localita=CATANIA&area=bianch


NICOSIA ALBERTO
65, V. BARI 97019 VITTORIA RG 0932981771 <http://mappe.libero.it/mappe/disambigua.jsp?ind=65, V. BARI&loc=VITTORIA&cap=97019> <http://mappe.libero.it/mappe/disambigua.jsp?ind=65, V. BARI&loc=VITTORIA&cap=97019> <../public/inviaMail.jsp?codice=7112712&localita=VITTORIA&area=bianche> <../public/inviaMail.jsp?codice=7112712&localita=VITTORIA&area=bianche>

NICOSIA ALBERTO
12, V. A. FANARA 91019 VALDERICE TP 0923833191 <http://mappe.libero.it/mappe/disambigua.jsp?ind=12, V. A. FANARA&loc=VALDERICE&cap=91019> <http://mappe.libero.it/mappe/disambigua.jsp?ind=12, V. A. FANARA&loc=VALDERICE&cap=91019> <../public/inviaMail.jsp?codice=6849646&localita=VALDERICE&area=bianche> <../public/inviaMail.jsp?codice=6849646&localita=VALDERICE&area=bianche>



juanminbar
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Nicosia family

Post by VaDeb »

Here is a web site for Venezia-Mestre.

http://www.comune.venezia.it/demografic ... me_eng.asp

Debbie
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Just wanted to say thanks guys for the information.I had just found the web site venezia commune.it but mine is alittle different than yours under Mestre there is an email address so I think I'll try that one.I still can't believe how many Nicosia's are in Italy and Argentina.I have found like 171 in sicily only one Alberto and have found lots in Argentina with 6 Alberto's.I think when my mom comes down next Monday I am going to get her to phone all of them at least she can speak Italian you never know where that would lead hopefully some great news for my grandmother.I wish that I could speak Italian but I can only understand it when others are talking but donot have the right pronounciation to speak it.
Thanks again to all of you that seem to be helping me out if theres anything in Canada that I can find out for anyone please let me know.
Joey
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Well guys the e-mail address I found didnot go through either I had the email address statocivile.mestre@commune.venezia.itI was thinking that if I post alittle more of what I know someone might know something.Giovanni's first wife was Teresa Gagliardo that was my grandma's mom.She died in 1928 at a very young age.Giovanni's second wife had the last name Capovilla she had a son already when he married her and it turns out that the son is Bishop Loris Francesco Capovilla of Loreto.His third wife went by the name of Bruna Miazo this is Alberto's mother.When Giovanni died in 1954 she married the guy she worked for and apparently had 2 kids with him in Argentina.I do know also that one of the brothers that stayed in Italy adopted a girl as they could not have children of there own.He owned some kind of store there I dont know if it was groceries but that is what I'm thinking.Another brother that went to Argentina was well off to owning some kind of business which the Government took it all because of his beliefs left him with nothing.Giovanni himself was an iron welder in Mestre and Argentina or something to that effect working with iron and from what I have heard he was very good at it.Dont know if he owned his own business or worked for someone else.So if anyone knows any of these names please contact me everything big or small will be much appreciated.Have a good day...
Joey
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Nicosia family

Post by VaDeb »

Joey,
I know your goal was to find Alberto, but if you want to pursue your family history research please consider the following:
When or if you begin to research the events you posted, remember each event in Italy will be recorded in the town or comune it occured it. Make sure you review with your grandmother and try and verify the towns. So often I wished I had asked more questions before it was to late. If you know the town of the event it will save you lots of time.

Giovanni was born in:
Giovanni married Teresa Gagliardo in:
Teresa died in:
Second marriage of Giovanni occured in:
Second wife died:
Third marriage of Giovanni occured in:

Debbie
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

I know that most of the events happened in the comune of Mestre venezia but I just can't seem to get any addresses for that comune that are working.Any suggestions of where to look everyone has been very helpful and I truly appreciate it.Why is the information wrong? am I just finding old web sites or is this information really so hard to locate.
Thanks Joey
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Nicosia family

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Joey,

You said your mother speaks Italian. Have her phone the comune and request the information you need and/or inquire of a working e-mail address. Remember these requests are not a priority for the comune. From what I read they are kept quite busy with the routine work of the town. These "genealogy" requests are handled as time permits.

Debbie
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by mfjp »

maybe the surname should be M I A Z Z O.... only 2 came up in an Ellis Island record search - North Italy...

The name Gagliardo... is everywhere in Italy... and the name Capovilla is very much a north Italian name... even Tyrol, Austrian...
also found a name...

http://www.ellisislandrecords.com/

Capovilla,Bernardo Buenos Aires, Argentina 1921 25   passenger ID # 103393061327

BUT.... Debbie is right.... fill in those blanks! Guess you'll be keeping your mom busy next Monday... the birthdates will help... sometimes research is a lifelong event...

I hear the weather has been unusually warm in Alberta... bears are up and about as well?? 8O

mfjp

p.s. just read Debbie's reply (we must have posted at the same time) and that is a great idea!!!! .. just watch for the time difference... guessing that from Alberta to Italy - Italy would be about 9-11 hours ahead...
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Dear mfjp and Debbie thanks for the suggestions I will have my mom phone and see what she can get from them.Mfjp the weather here in Alberta was very nice till a week ago but now we are getting more winter weather.It's been snowing and freezing rains and travelling is terrible good time to stay put.Hope you guys weather is better than this if the bears were out they would have quickly decided to go back into hibernation and I can't blame them probably have 6inches of snow in the last few days.Well you guys have a good night.Talk to you soon..
Joey
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by mfjp »

Also, the info Juanminbar posted is really good... have your mom write a letter too... Good night!!
Post Reply