Thanks to all,
segatore
segatore
I just found my grandparents wedding certificate. So much great info!! I had always heard from family stories around the dinner table that my grandfather cut down trees, and that was his eventual demise. What I didn't know was that his father was a "carpentiere", carpenter, right? Anyways, my question is this: my grandfathers occupation is listed as segatore. I have one translation, but can you give me your thoughts??
Thanks to all,
Thanks to all,
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: segatore
The literal translation is Sawyer, and could be a man that cuts down trees using a saw.
Re: segatore
Thanks, Livio, for sharing your knowledge with me.
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
