OK here is Giovanni Valicenti birth record
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7454/giovannia.jpg
The year 1888 June 8 Maria Antonnia Valicenti presented a child named Giovanni Valicenti no father named
Ok the more I research Maria Antonia I think she is not born in 1872 because all the ages on the record say her birthdate is about 1860's and Vincenzo and Maria Rago are the parents of Pasquale 1892 thats why the manifest matches. Also thats why it shows on Pasquale birth record witnesses Mariantonia Valicenti, and Filomena Valicenti are in there 30's
Also it would make Vincenzo born about 1840 I will search for Vincenzo marriage record
Marty
Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
I found Vincenzo's marriage act to Maria Rago in 1868 Vincenzo is 29 Maria is 18
you hav to look up Maria Antonia Valicenti in the FHL microfilms because the films of Cersosimo on Ancestry only go to 1866 so I figure 1860-1865
birthdate for her. Heres the marriage act.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7167/vincenzov.jpg
Marty
you hav to look up Maria Antonia Valicenti in the FHL microfilms because the films of Cersosimo on Ancestry only go to 1866 so I figure 1860-1865
birthdate for her. Heres the marriage act.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7167/vincenzov.jpg
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Hi Marty,
Sorry to be a buttinsky, but I noticed the name Filomena Valicenti and I think that was my mom's grandmother. As I mentioned in an earlier post my ma said she married Anthony Davenjay. I'm having a hard time following all the names but I think Filomena was Vincenzo's sister. My ma said that she was born in Basilicata, Italy though.
Jen, I don't have the names of Filomena's parents but she is the same person that was the witness for Pasquale.
Sorry to be a buttinsky, but I noticed the name Filomena Valicenti and I think that was my mom's grandmother. As I mentioned in an earlier post my ma said she married Anthony Davenjay. I'm having a hard time following all the names but I think Filomena was Vincenzo's sister. My ma said that she was born in Basilicata, Italy though.
Jen, I don't have the names of Filomena's parents but she is the same person that was the witness for Pasquale.
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
WEll Joe if that was your great grandmother she was born around 1860 in Cersosimo italy. THe only way is to find the birth records for them both Vincenzo Valicenti birthdate abt 1840 Filomena Valicenti abt 1860 from Cersosimo Italy. On film or writing to the comune. I will check on Filomena marriage record
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Hi Marty,
Thanks for the info. I'm just starting out researching my relatives and I'm pretty ignorant on how or where to find records etc. It looks like Cersisoma is a village, town within the Basilicata region of Italy, so that is a positive sign. The fact that they also have a McKees Rocks connection makes me think that Vincenzo was the brother of my great grandmother. Do you know if Vincenzo's daughter, Anna Maria's married name was Riccardulli. My ma also said Vincenzo's wife was Antoinette, so she could have gone by her middle name, maybe? Thanks again for responding. Joe
Thanks for the info. I'm just starting out researching my relatives and I'm pretty ignorant on how or where to find records etc. It looks like Cersisoma is a village, town within the Basilicata region of Italy, so that is a positive sign. The fact that they also have a McKees Rocks connection makes me think that Vincenzo was the brother of my great grandmother. Do you know if Vincenzo's daughter, Anna Maria's married name was Riccardulli. My ma also said Vincenzo's wife was Antoinette, so she could have gone by her middle name, maybe? Thanks again for responding. Joe
-
alb100barton
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 02:40
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
My great grandparents from my mother's side were born in Cersosimo. My great grandmother was named Rose Valicenti and she was born in 1881. She immigrated to New York City in 1887. She married a man named Vincenzo Cala who was born in Cersosimo in 1871. Rose had a sister Marie, who settled in McKees Rock, PA and married a Nicola Margiotta and had a very large family. Somehow, we must be related on a cousin level. I have a US Ancestry.com account and cannot go back to see the birth records of either great grandparent. I can't read Italian, so I didn't think it would be worth buying an international membership. I'd love to find out the names of Rose Valicenti's parents. They may be Domenico and Grace. Vincenzo Cala's parents may be Patsy (Pasquale) and Rose. The population of Cersosimo today is very small. I would love to visit it, but without speaking Italian, I don't think I would get very far. Debbie
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Debbie,
I did pay for the international membership and have gone through ALL of the Cersosimo birth, marriage and death records and found lots of information on Valicenti family members. Some I have connected to my husband's family, and some I have not. As far as your grandparents, I can tell you that Vincenzo Cala's birth record shows that his father was Egidio Cala, born about 1818 and died 6/3/1874 in Cersosimo. Vincenzo's mother was Rosalia Valicenti. Vincenzo had two brothers that died in infancy: Giuseppe was born Feb 1866 and died 8/1/1866; Pasquale was born 11/12/1868 and died 3/31/1869. Also, Egidio Cala's parents were Leonardo Cala and Anna Cirolla. He had three brothers, Francesco, Pasquale b. 1835 and Domenicantonio b. 1837. Domenicantonio married Filomena Valicenti (1844-1882). I have lots more info. Email me through ancestry or at sjfayad@gmail.com and I will send you an invitation to view my tree so you can see it all for yourself. Jen
I did pay for the international membership and have gone through ALL of the Cersosimo birth, marriage and death records and found lots of information on Valicenti family members. Some I have connected to my husband's family, and some I have not. As far as your grandparents, I can tell you that Vincenzo Cala's birth record shows that his father was Egidio Cala, born about 1818 and died 6/3/1874 in Cersosimo. Vincenzo's mother was Rosalia Valicenti. Vincenzo had two brothers that died in infancy: Giuseppe was born Feb 1866 and died 8/1/1866; Pasquale was born 11/12/1868 and died 3/31/1869. Also, Egidio Cala's parents were Leonardo Cala and Anna Cirolla. He had three brothers, Francesco, Pasquale b. 1835 and Domenicantonio b. 1837. Domenicantonio married Filomena Valicenti (1844-1882). I have lots more info. Email me through ancestry or at sjfayad@gmail.com and I will send you an invitation to view my tree so you can see it all for yourself. Jen
