Goggio/Leva from Bassignana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
ngoggio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jan 2011, 19:13

Re: Goggio/Leva from Bassignana

Post by ngoggio »

I figure this is a long shot since it's now 2011 and this thread is from 2007.. but my great-grandfather is Frank/Francesco Goggio. My grandfather is Louis/Luigi Goggio. I've been doing some research into my family history and I'm so thankful to find this thread. I know very little about how the Goggios got to the US. I was also surprised to find that my grandfather was born in Italy when I was only told that his sister Teresa was. I don't know what connection you have to Emilia/Amelia but she was my great-grandmother. I can only assume my grandfather would be your great-uncle if your grandfather was Frankie or Johnie. Please get back to me if you receive this!!
User avatar
mattismom03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 21 Feb 2007, 00:00

Re: Goggio/Leva from Bassignana

Post by mattismom03 »

I can't believe you found this link! I've been checking it for three years! Yes, my grandfather was Johnnie (Giovanni), my great-grandmother was Amelia (Emilia) and my great-grandfather was Frank (Francesco). I'd be happy to share all the information I have with you (which isn't much). Reading films in Italian at the LDS geneology room is SLOW. :-( I have the Ellis Island records where the family came over, the census records when the kids were small, Emilia's death certificate, place of burial, etc.
Post Reply