Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
My ancestors Antonio Fabrizio and his wife Filomena D'Agostino lived in Dragoni, Italy. I believe that they died there after 1929, but I am unsure of the dates. I don't believe that they were from Dragoni, as I have been unable to locate birth or marriage records for either of them. They are my brick walls. The only possibility I can think of to discover what town they were originally from is to view their death records. Does anyone know how I can access a death record from Dragoni from after 1929 without an exact date? Any help would be appreciated!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
Dragoni is a small comune of less than 2,200 persons and, unlike many other southern Italy comuni, it has never had a much higher population than it does now.
With a population of around 2,000 I would imagine there would have been - what? - maybe 20 deaths in a typical year? My thinking is that if you carefully compose a letter to the stato civile official in Dragoni and ask him/her to search the death indexes "when he can find time in his busy schedule" - you might get lucky.
With a population of around 2,000 I would imagine there would have been - what? - maybe 20 deaths in a typical year? My thinking is that if you carefully compose a letter to the stato civile official in Dragoni and ask him/her to search the death indexes "when he can find time in his busy schedule" - you might get lucky.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
By the way, I am presuming that you are referring to Comune di Dragoni, Provincia di Caserta, Regione di Campania, Southern Italy.
There also exist two hamlets ("frazione" see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione ) of that name:
Frazione Dragoni, Comune di Grotteria, Provincia di Reggio Calabria, Regione di Calabria, Southern Italy
Frazione Dragoni, Comune di Lequile, Provincia di Lecce, Regione di Puglia, Southern Italy
There also exist two hamlets ("frazione" see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione ) of that name:
Frazione Dragoni, Comune di Grotteria, Provincia di Reggio Calabria, Regione di Calabria, Southern Italy
Frazione Dragoni, Comune di Lequile, Provincia di Lecce, Regione di Puglia, Southern Italy
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
From the comune's website, http://www3.asmenet.it/opencms/opencms/ ... d_menu=005

A relative, perhaps?Ufficio Polizia Municipale Responsabile: Giuseppe Fabrizio
Telefono: 0823/866221
Fax: 0823/866238
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
I believe your ancestors may be from Grotteria, Reggio Calabria. I have an ancestor from there and have visited twice. D'Agostino is a common surname in Grotteria and the surrounding towns and there are several telephone listings for people with the surname Fabrizio there as well. It was not uncommon for people to say the name of the contrada or frazione they were from instead of the comune name...I have run into that before.
Do you know approximately when they were married? Marriage records for Grotteria are available online at http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Grotteria/ for most years until 1904.
Do you know approximately when they were married? Marriage records for Grotteria are available online at http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Grotteria/ for most years until 1904.
-
luigirusso007
- Veteran

- Posts: 103
- Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 07:11
- Location: Napoli, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
I think your ancestors are Dragoni, Provincia di Caserta, Regione Campania, Italia.
Fabrizio and Agostino are historical surnames in this municipality.
There are online resources for this Commune du FS
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2043630
For records after 1929, you should contact the City of Dragoni
http://www.dragoni.gov.it/pec
Fabrizio and Agostino are historical surnames in this municipality.
There are online resources for this Commune du FS
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2043630
For records after 1929, you should contact the City of Dragoni
http://www.dragoni.gov.it/pec
Luigi
luigirusso07@libero.it
luigirusso07@libero.it
