I am having difficulty locating one of the last documents required to apply for Italian citizenship - my great grandparents marriage certificate. I don't know where to turn, and it's not located in Italy since census records show they were married here.
Thier names are Silvio Bruschi and Mary (Maria) Febo. The 1920 census shows Maria Febo as singe and living with her parents in Raritan, NJ. The 1930 census shows Mary Bruschi and Silvio Bruschi married, living together in Raritan, Bridgewater Township, Somerset County, NJ.
I contacted Bridgewater Township and Raritan, both have no records. I contacted the church they went to and also it was the same church my grandfater was baptised and married. They also did not turn up any records. The clerk in Bridgewater township said if they were married in this town the state of NJ probably wouldnt have these either. I used Bridgewater when ordering Vital Records from NJ.. still waiting for results.
I have my grandfathers birth certificate showing they were married, thier immigration docs showing they were married, and thier death certificates showing they were married - everything but the actual marriage certificate or license.
So where do I go from here? Is anyone familiar with what could have occurred around that time?
The only other thing I can think of is that on his ship manifest it says he was visiting a cousin in St. Martin's Ferry, Ohio but it seems extremely unlikely they would get married there.
Thanks, I don't know what to do - and I don't think I can proceed any further without this
