Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
LuSiculu
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Oct 2009, 16:31

Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research

Post by LuSiculu »

Hi Lili, my name is Anthony. Wow definetly sounds like he was busy, but that's good that means I have the right Info! If you don't mind, any photos that you have of records pertaining to Francesco and Domenica would be great! Paola Morabito was born either Aug 13 or Feb 3 1846 in Cumia Sup. and married Raphaele La Porta on Nov 24 1875. He was born on Jan 27 1849 in Santo Messina.
Known Children:
Giuseppe B.Sept 17 1878 Cumia? D. Jun 15 1966 Queens, New York
Marino (my great grandfather) B. Oct 23 1882 Cumia Inf D. Oct 1963 Union City New Jersey
Giacamo B. Nov 2 1890 Cumia? D. Jun 1973 New York

I always wondered if I messed something up here too, because out of all the families I have found it seems they didn't follow a naming tradition. I had Messina Municipal do the research for me so I hope it's right. I'll private message you with my email!
User avatar
Lili2
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 92
Joined: 24 Jul 2009, 03:30
Location: Australia

Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research

Post by Lili2 »

Hi Anthony, Just wondering if you got the photos I sent of Paola Morabito's marriage and Francesco Morabito's marriage to Domenica Mondello? Let me know as I have a few others you might like also.
Lili
My family are from Sicily: Fiumefreddo, Ficarra, Giampilieri, Cumia, Messina and Carmela Zagami,Argentina.
BenCosta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Jun 2014, 03:15

Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research - Vinci, Carbonaro

Post by BenCosta »

My great-grandmother Domenica Vinci was born in Cumia (Superiore, I believe) about 1753. Her parents were Orazio Vinci and Vincenza Carbonaro. Any Vinci's or Carbonaro's from Cumia out there? Please let me know.
Regards,
Benjamin Costa
User avatar
LuSiculu
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Oct 2009, 16:31

Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research

Post by LuSiculu »

Hi Ben,
I have Vinci family connections in Cumia. Do you know the names of Domenica Vinci's siblings at all?
User avatar
pscinta1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 01:37

Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research

Post by pscinta1 »

For bevblues-I got away from this forum for quite awhile and just saw your posting. I remember the Main/Transit market very well. I think Frank was married to Dolly. If I remember what my Mom told me, their father Santo stay with my Grandfather and Grandmother when he came here about 17yrs old. I'm not sure of the relation-cousin, nephew, etc? To compound it further, my Grandmother's maiden name was also Morabito and she had 4 brothers. Grandpa also had 4brothers. So there are many Morabitos running around. My cousin lives in Denver and his neighbor is also a Morabito. My Grandmother's mother's maiden name was Interdonato. All came from Cumia Inferiore. Unfortunately, all the older generation is now gone. My Denver cousin did visit Cumia and found my Mom's 1st cousin.
'
Post Reply