Hi Tessa,
Wow, you found a lot of info! Yes , we believe Eduarda is Giuseppe Borsina’s sister. I have an obit that has her as a Frank Anzalone’s wife. It states that her name was Eduarda”Jenny” Borsina Anzalone. I found it in her son Thomas’s obit on Genealogy Bank.
Also, the Family Tree for Joseph Borsino (1893-1934) on ancestry.com is mine. I have been playing around with the name for about 3 years! I have even tried Borselino, Boccina etc .
The documents you have found seem to be very relevant and hopefully will lead to a town in Sicily.
As I said in my initial post I have them listed in Lloyd, NY in the 1930 Census with the name “Basine” . It is definitely them as all the names of wife and children match and their birthdays. (with one exception and that was a listing of Charlie who really is Ignazio!) Anyway, on the census report it says he and Caroline(not sure if they were married then) arrived in 1912. Your ship’s manifest is off only by 1 year. Also we were always told that his father’s name was Michele and mother was called Kate. The Uncle does not sound familiar. I will ask my husband’s uncle Ignazio if he knows the name. He is in his late 80s and doesn't like to talk much about his parents for some reason. Do you know what street they were going to.? My mother-in-law said she was born on Forsythe St. in Manhattan. I forget the number.
I will surely delve into some of these names and maybe indirectly find my husband’s grandfather. Please keep looking ..truly appreciate it. Thank you so much!
Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
T.fmrfabby1 wrote:Hi Tessa,
Wow, you found a lot of info! Yes , we believe Eduarda is Giuseppe Borsina’s sister. I have an obit that has her as a Frank Anzalone’s wife. It states that her name was Eduarda”Jenny” Borsina Anzalone. I found it in her son Thomas’s obit on Genealogy Bank.
Also, the Family Tree for Joseph Borsino (1893-1934) on ancestry.com is mine. I have been playing around with the name for about 3 years! I have even tried Borselino, Boccina etc . According to the Italian Birth Records I have posted, the name is BORSEMI or BORSEME - both spellings appear on the birth records from Racalmuto...
The documents you have found seem to be very relevant and hopefully will lead to a town in Sicily. These records are from Racalmuto
As I said in my initial post I have them listed in Lloyd, NY in the 1930 Census with the name “Basine” . That is probably what the census taker "heard" when listening to someone pronounce the name with a foreign accent. It is definitely them as all the names of wife and children match and their birthdays. (with one exception and that was a listing of Charlie who really is Ignazio!) Immigrants often "Americanized" their names to "fit in"... Anyway, on the census report it says he and Caroline(not sure if they were married then) arrived in 1912. Your ship’s manifest is off only by 1 year. Census records are notoriously inaccurate. The longer immigrants were in the US, the harder it was to remember the exact date of arrival... Also we were always told that his father’s name was Michele and mother was called Kate. The Uncle does not sound familiar. The age of Giuseppe is correct on the manifest, but maybe it is a cousin... I will ask my husband’s uncle Ignazio if he knows the name. He is in his late 80s and doesn't like to talk much about his parents for some reason. Do you know what street they were going to.? The manifest I found has them going to husband/father Michele Borsenni at 244 Lafayette St., NYC My mother-in-law said she was born on Forsythe St. in Manhattan. I forget the number.
I will surely delve into some of these names and maybe indirectly find my husband’s grandfather. Please keep looking ..truly appreciate it. Thank you so much!
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
There are 4 listings for Miceli in the Italian Phone Book
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... =racalmuto
If you wish to write to one or more...
Help with letters in Italian.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
T.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... =racalmuto
If you wish to write to one or more...
Help with letters in Italian.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
T.
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
Thank you so much! I will plug in the names you have given me on my ancestry.com as a "search" and see what comes up! Again please continue to look for me it is greatly appreciated.
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
Hi
I am Katherine & Edward's grand daughter - Caroline- Who are you? I read your posts- thank you - I am interested in the family name as well.
I am Katherine & Edward's grand daughter - Caroline- Who are you? I read your posts- thank you - I am interested in the family name as well.
-
I M Borsina Jr.
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 05:10
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
Hi, I am Ignazio M.Borsina Jr.. Above you have that Nat (Ignazio M. Borsina Sr.)was married to mary ann. Thaat is incorrect. Iwas married to mary ann Bragand then to Glenna Cox.Nat was married to mayble Burger then to Aguesta Martin. As far as a picture of my grandfathers grave , ask my father. He does some work at the cematary.
Thank you ,I M Borsina Jr.
Thank you ,I M Borsina Jr.
-
I M Borsina Jr.
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 05:10
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
Hi, I havn't been there in about 50 yrs.but I don't believe my grandfather has a head stone . I think only a grave marker , way in the back of the cemitary. I would think they would have records of that anyway. I.M. Borsina Jr. (also known as nat or butch )
Re: Borsenna (Borsina, Borsini), Miceli, Anzalone
Hello Nat,
Nice to hear from you. I have corrected the info on my tree and we have found Grandfather Joseph's grave. We visited there and took photos. You were right about there not being a headstone. It is just a stone that lays flat on the ground. Thanks again for the info.
Nice to hear from you. I have corrected the info on my tree and we have found Grandfather Joseph's grave. We visited there and took photos. You were right about there not being a headstone. It is just a stone that lays flat on the ground. Thanks again for the info.
