Hello everybody, got my Italian passport today, soooooo excited.
Last time I was in the consulate was back late April, where I was filling out my AIRE form and being officially recognized...since then I had ordered my paperwork (birth certificate, letter of recognition with AIRE, and all other docs that my comune sent back to me.
After 1.5 months of waiting for my passport schedule, I went in, filled out the application, got fingerprints done, gave them my passport photo (done via CVS) and 1 hour later I walked out with a brand new Italian Passport!! I was shocked cause I thought it wouild be sent in the mail, but turns out its done that day while you wait! I now have a US and Italian passport, and working on my schedule to get over there for vacation and to potentially buy an investment/vacation home! Yeah me...
Now the weird twist of fate....DISCLAIMER: THIS WAS NOT AT ALL PLANNED AND NOT REALIZED UNTIL I GOT HOME AND WAS LOOKING AT THE PASSPORT!!
I went thru my great grandfather, via Aci San't Antonio....I received my passport on June 13, 2011. My great grandfather, who I got my citizenship through, was born June 13, 1888. I got my passport on the day my great gpa was born and its the same guy that allowed me obtain this dream of mine....I know, weird!!
If that doesn't prove it was meant to be, then nothing does!!!
Thanks for everybody's support and guidance on this, and during this process. Great site, and I found myself recommending others to come on here, and get their citizenship, etc. Thanks so much again!!
Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
And...
Exactly 123 years has passed between your great-grandfather's birth and the issuance of your passport.
Yep, easy as 1, 2, 3.
Exactly 123 years has passed between your great-grandfather's birth and the issuance of your passport.
Yep, easy as 1, 2, 3.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
Truly amazing to think about it, and the timing for this to line up perfectly, like it did.
Surprisingly enough, from start to finish was 8 months....I looking at EllisIsland.org and officially started this process on October 26, 2010.
Surprisingly enough, from start to finish was 8 months....I looking at EllisIsland.org and officially started this process on October 26, 2010.
Re: Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
.....I went thru my great grandfather, via Aci San't Antonio....I received my passport on June 13, 2011. My great grandfather, who I got my citizenship through, was born June 13, 1888. I got my passport on the day my great gpa was born and its the same guy that allowed me obtain this dream of mine....I know, weird!!.....
Today, June 13, is the Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua, the Patron Saint of Lost Things. Very appropriate that you received your passport on this day. Congratulations.
Today, June 13, is the Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua, the Patron Saint of Lost Things. Very appropriate that you received your passport on this day. Congratulations.
Re: Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
Hey JPMessina.
Congrats... and I know the feeling your are talking about.
Quick question. What did your birth certificate from Italy look like? I received a package a few weeks ago of copies of all the documents the Commune registered there. It's basically just an overly Xeroxed information page with terrible handwriting and a few mistakes, but I am told that this is the official documents, ie birth certificates. Is this anything like you received? My appointment for my passport is next month, so I guess they will tell me for sure when I show up, but I rather know before hand if I need to cancel my appointment.
Thanks for any input,
Thomas
Congrats... and I know the feeling your are talking about.
Quick question. What did your birth certificate from Italy look like? I received a package a few weeks ago of copies of all the documents the Commune registered there. It's basically just an overly Xeroxed information page with terrible handwriting and a few mistakes, but I am told that this is the official documents, ie birth certificates. Is this anything like you received? My appointment for my passport is next month, so I guess they will tell me for sure when I show up, but I rather know before hand if I need to cancel my appointment.
Thanks for any input,
Thomas
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
I did receive a similiar document that is handwritten with the official stamp and signature.
But I also got 3 other documents, on Comune letterhead with the same signature and stamp...the other docs were:
1. Certificato di Cittadinanza (A.I.R.E)
2. "" " ATTO N. 12 PARTE 2 Serie B (Part 2)
3. Ufficio Di Stato Civile
4. Comune Aci Sant'Antonio - Servizi Demografici
Hope this helps.
But I also got 3 other documents, on Comune letterhead with the same signature and stamp...the other docs were:
1. Certificato di Cittadinanza (A.I.R.E)
2. "" " ATTO N. 12 PARTE 2 Serie B (Part 2)
3. Ufficio Di Stato Civile
4. Comune Aci Sant'Antonio - Servizi Demografici
Hope this helps.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Got my passport today!! 6/13- and a twist of.fate.....
Great news Messina! Im happy for you!!!
