Through help here, I was able to identify my GGM's original last name as LISBONA. All records and oral history point to her being from San Fele and being born around 1877. There are two San Feles we've been able to identify; one from near Avigliano (where she birthed her child out of wedlock) and one near Montefalcione. I have looked at films for Montefalcione and have written twice to the Comune near Avigliano. There are no records from either location in the years around 1877.
The one original italian document found was the atti di nacita for the birth of her daughter. In it, it describes my GGM as both residing in San Fele and living in Avigliano. I have looked for baptismal records for the year her daughter was born, but according to the descriptions of the films, it is the one year missing (1895 - of all the luck
Can anyone give me some advice as to which direction to take now?


