Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
-
fusedglass
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 30 Aug 2011, 00:01
Re: Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
This is what I understand from my files and many people's assistance: Velia (Veglia) is the daughter of Isaura Galletti and Pericle Pellegrini and she was born in NY the year they married, but later, Isaura married Paolo Parisi and Paolo adopted Velia. Velia also had a brother, Eddie (Edward Attilio), son of Paolo and Isaura. Paolo Americanized his name to Paul Paris and that is why we've always known her as Velia Paris until she married Italo Unti (my grandfather) and became Velia Unti. We think Paul Paris died 1948 in San Francisco. I believe Pellegrini is Velia's biological father and Paul Paris is her adopted father from Isaura's second marriage. I know that Paul Paris married a Helen Campbell after Isaura died. Does this look like the logical story? grazie.
-
fusedglass
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 30 Aug 2011, 00:01
Re: Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
This is what I understand from my files and many people's assistance: Velia (Veglia) is the daughter of Isaura Galletti and Pericle Pellegrini and she was born in NY the year they married, but later, Isaura married Paolo Parisi and Paolo adopted Velia. Velia also had a brother, Eddie (Edward Attilio), son of Paolo and Isaura. Paolo Americanized his name to Paul Paris and that is why we've always known her as Velia Paris until she married Italo Unti (my grandfather) and became Velia Unti. We think Paul Paris died 1948 in San Francisco. I believe Pellegrini is Velia's biological father and Paul Paris is her adopted father from Isaura's second marriage. I know that Paul Paris married a Helen Campbell after Isaura died. Does this look like the logical story? grazie.
-
fusedglass
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 30 Aug 2011, 00:01
Re: Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
oh! i was informed by family that Isaura had a sister named Soave..(she was my great aunt) how can this be found from her parents?
Re: Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
I'm glad I was able to help you....
This morning I realize that there's a tree on Ancestry concerning Isaura, do you have the subscription to Ancestry.com?
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/25936195 ... 6987?ssrc=
From the tree (public) looks like that the only marriage for Isaura was the one with Pericle Pellegrini, there are two children listed:
Velia Pellegrini born on 1897
Attilio "Eward" Pellegrini born on 1903 died on 1958
Pericle Pellegrini on the tree was born in Piacenza, Italy on 1847, died on 1947...
Have you noticed on the marriage dates that his mother's lastname was Bertoni?
Laura
This morning I realize that there's a tree on Ancestry concerning Isaura, do you have the subscription to Ancestry.com?
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/25936195 ... 6987?ssrc=
From the tree (public) looks like that the only marriage for Isaura was the one with Pericle Pellegrini, there are two children listed:
Velia Pellegrini born on 1897
Attilio "Eward" Pellegrini born on 1903 died on 1958
Pericle Pellegrini on the tree was born in Piacenza, Italy on 1847, died on 1947...
Have you noticed on the marriage dates that his mother's lastname was Bertoni?
Pink67 wrote:New York Marriages, 1686-1980
Groom's Name: Pericle Pellegrini
Groom's Birth Date:
Groom's Birthplace:
Groom's Age:
Bride's Name: Isaura Galletti
Bride's Birth Date:
Bride's Birthplace:
Bride's Age:
Marriage Date: 20 Mar 1897
Marriage Place: Manhattan, New York, New York
Groom's Father's Name: Pietro
Groom's Mother's Name: Crosola Bertoni
Bride's Father's Name: Francesco
Bride's Mother's Name: Oleiva Felicchia
Groom's Race:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Race:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00829-4
System Origin: New_York-ODM
Source Film Number: 1487628
Reference Number:
I think that Pericle Pellegrini americanized his name in Paul Paris....fusedglass wrote:thank you so much everyone.....genealogy search is like trying to dig a hold in dry beach sand....i really appreciate your time and effort to help me. I found out that Paul Paris (originally Paolo Parisi) born 1873 Pisa (we think), died 1948 in San Francisco. He was my great grandfather and HIS father's name was Parisi and his mother's maiden name was Bertoni. Well, I digress......i will start looking into the above responses about my grandmother. Grazie.
Laura
Re: Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
Yes, Soave was the little child I wasn't able tor ecognize the first name on the 1890 arrival manifest....
there is a public tree on ancestry for her too:
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/17445145 ... 6440?ssrc=
Soave married for first on 1901:
Galletti Soavi Sep 3 1901 Certificate number: 16216 Manhattan
Bergni Charles Sep 3 1901 Certificate number: 16216 Manhattan
and then to Harry Allaire...
1930 United States Federal Census
Name: Soave Allaire [Soave Galotti]
Home in 1930: Manhattan, New York, New York
View Map
Age: 44
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Mother's Name: Olive Galotti
Spouse's Name: Harry C Allaire
Race: White
Occupation: Education:
Military Service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace:
View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Harry C Allaire 58 head,born in NY
Soave Allaire 44 wife, born in Italy, immigration year 1890
Edward Bergin 27 Harry's step-son, born in NY
Rudolph Allaire 25, son, born in NY
Olive Galotti 87 mother in law
James Druvin 30 roomer
Ella Frindsen 52 roomer
Susan Kubetza 34 servant
Juluis Prelenthner 58 roomer
Laura
p.s.
Social Security Death Index
Name: Soave Allaire
SSN: *********
Last Residence: 10011 New York, New York, New York, United States of America
Born: 28 Apr 1885
Died: Aug 1967
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (1963)
there is a public tree on ancestry for her too:
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/17445145 ... 6440?ssrc=
Soave married for first on 1901:
Galletti Soavi Sep 3 1901 Certificate number: 16216 Manhattan
Bergni Charles Sep 3 1901 Certificate number: 16216 Manhattan
and then to Harry Allaire...
1930 United States Federal Census
Name: Soave Allaire [Soave Galotti]
Home in 1930: Manhattan, New York, New York
View Map
Age: 44
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Mother's Name: Olive Galotti
Spouse's Name: Harry C Allaire
Race: White
Occupation: Education:
Military Service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace:
View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Harry C Allaire 58 head,born in NY
Soave Allaire 44 wife, born in Italy, immigration year 1890
Edward Bergin 27 Harry's step-son, born in NY
Rudolph Allaire 25, son, born in NY
Olive Galotti 87 mother in law
James Druvin 30 roomer
Ella Frindsen 52 roomer
Susan Kubetza 34 servant
Juluis Prelenthner 58 roomer
Laura
p.s.
Social Security Death Index
Name: Soave Allaire
SSN: *********
Last Residence: 10011 New York, New York, New York, United States of America
Born: 28 Apr 1885
Died: Aug 1967
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (1963)
-
fusedglass
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 30 Aug 2011, 00:01
Re: Help with grandmother's birth certificate please
oh my....thank you, Pink67...you have been invaluable. Well....my grandfather's side was a walk in the park compared to my grandmother's side. I hope, after I can sort this all out, that I will be able to receive dual citizenship probably it will be too difficult, with the requirements of certificates and accuracy. I find that records are not consistent with spellings and dates....I'm just in the beginning stages of all this, so will keep trying.
