Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfather.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

mfjp wrote:
is it late there as well?
about 7:00 pm... well... you certainly made my day!....

will check the Castle Gardens manifest later... when all is really quiet...

mfjp
That's very nice of you. I will research a bit more and then go to sleep hopefully soon (if I can!?).
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

I found an interesting record:

M006775 Film

There is Luigi Radaelli whose father is Giovanni Radaelli and mother is Rosa Riva. (Luigi married Assunta Fontanini 22 APR 1889 Manhattan, New York, New York)

This could be Mary Radaelli (Toia)'s brother?

Rosa Riva and Rosa Resa are just varied ways of writing the surname?

Record Link: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... rompage=99
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by VaDeb »

As I said before, IGI records are a usefuly guide, or map. Use them to look for original documents as indicated by the IGI record. All IGI records need to be verified by obtaining an original document. At the very least there can be transcription errors.

Debbie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by wldspirit »

Naturalization info for TOIA:

TOIA, ATTILIO, Petition, A-0082 (6)S (C4)

Marriage info for TOIA:

Toia, Celestine, County Clerk No. 9840, issued in 1929

Toia, May, County Clerk No. 11076, issued in 1910

Marriage info for LISE:

Lise, Arthur, County Clerk No. 11076, issued in 1910


You can request copies of the above records at this site:

http://www.co.westchester.ny.us/wcarchi ... search.htm

Hope this helps........
wldspirit :D
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

Thank you Wldspirit !!!!

I will request those records (definitely the naturalization records of Attilio and the marriage certificates).

I'm not sure who this May Toia is though < or is this Mary Radaelli that married to Attilio Toia?

Also who is this Arthur Lise, is it William Lise I 's father?

It would be also great to know where these info came from in case somebody asks me...

I'm sorry for peppering with questions.

Marcia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by wldspirit »

Westchester maintains their own archives.....I did a search on last names only and the info above was all that was available. Don't know if the May and Arthur are any relation, but they are living in Westchester.
wldspirit
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

wldspirit wrote:Westchester maintains their own archives.....I did a search on last names only and the info above was all that was available. Don't know if the May and Arthur are any relation, but they are living in Westchester.
wldspirit
Aah, right. Okay, I might wait for the records of May and Arthur then for the time being. Attilio Toia, must be the guy I'm looking for. It's not such a common name. Too bad if it's not him...
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

I did some researches and have gathered some bits and peices here and there. Updated map looks like this: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gmaruejoul ... oject1.pdf

I have traced back to gr gr gr grandparents of my paternal grandma's side.

As mentioned, cannot get anything on William Lise I... maybe I should just be patient and wait for the marriage certificate to arrive...

It's great knowing your ancestors!!!! :D
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by VaDeb »

Marcialise:

Reviewed the tree you posted. Glad you are making progress and sorting it all out. Just a word of caution. Be careful about posting names, addresses and dates of living individuals. Privacy concerns and identity theft.

Debbie
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

VaDeb wrote:Marcialise:

Reviewed the tree you posted. Glad you are making progress and sorting it all out. Just a word of caution. Be careful about posting names, addresses and dates of living individuals. Privacy concerns and identity theft.

Debbie
You're right. I took it all off.
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

Record on Ellis Island shows a seemingly related person to Giovanni Redaelli?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2488010089

First Name: Teresa
Last Name: Redaelli
Ethnicity: Italian-American
Last Place of Residence: Colica
Date of Arrival: September 18, 1897
Age at Arrival: 42y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Gascogne
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0020

Teresa Redaelli travelled (it appears..) with Enrichetta (16y), Giuseppina (2y).

I remember that Mary Redaelli (the one that married Attilio Toia) had kids with her: Enrico (4y), Giuseppina (2y), Celestina (10m)on the ship to America (same year).

Also maybe totally unrelated but found Teresa Marianna Radaelli on Family Search:

Teresa Marianna REDAELLI (AFN: BHMQ-Q5)
Sex: F, Birth: Abt. 1800, Place: Germanedo/lecco, Como, Italia

Also found 3 Redaelli's living in Colico (LC) now.
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by mfjp »

There has to be another manifest for Teresa as it says on this manifest that she was in the USA from 1884-1892... she would have been about 29 years old...

A subscription to Ancestry.com is required to view a Castle Garden manfests. I can look into it...
mfjp

note... just thought of this now.... Teresa is now an American citizen on this manifest and the Redaella surname may not be her maiden name... 8O ...
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

mfjp wrote:thought of this now.... Teresa is now an American citizen on this manifest and the Redaella surname may not be her maiden name... 8O ...
Oh yeaaah.... I'm dumb... What about finding Teresa's husband then?
He could be Maria Toia (nee Redaelli)'s brother, cousin, uncle... he could be anything I suppose..
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by suanj »

Hi, see here

Cognome
TAIA (could be TOIA)

Nome
ATTILIO

Età
21

Sesso
M

Professione
PLOUGHMAN

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
BORDEAUX

Nave
CHATEAU LEOVILLE

Data d'arrivo
3/22/1883


More the surnames: TOIA; LOSANNA, RADAELLI, RIVA can be in Gallarate town(currently in Varese province; Varese is province only from the 1927 year) but in the past Gallarate was in Como province..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Marcialise
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 16 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Lise: Surname of g g grandfather and missing g grandfath

Post by Marcialise »

suanj wrote:More the surnames: TOIA; LOSANNA, RADAELLI, RIVA can be in Gallarate town(currently in Varese province why Varese only in 1927) in the past in Como province..
suanj
I've been to Gallarate many times, because I have a friend living there!!
Do you reckon these names are typical from Gallarate?
Thanks for all your help.

Marcia
Post Reply