Torre del greco, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
girty
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 103
Joined: 20 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: new jersey

Torre del greco, Italy

Post by girty »

Has anyone ever written to Torre del Greco? I wrote to them 6 or 7 months ago and have never received a reply. LDS has no film for that comune, I was wonder if anyone has received any thing from there?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Torre del greco, Italy

Post by wldspirit »

I am in the same boat with Talamello......no reply, no microfilm!! :?
Have you sent a follow up letter? (not that it helped me, but maybe you will have better luck....)
wldspirit
User avatar
Marco
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 83
Joined: 26 Aug 2002, 00:00
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Torre del greco, Italy

Post by Marco »

In what language did you write? The letter has been opened by a town employee who, if the letter was in English and he didn't understand just threw it away. This happens also for letters in Italian from Italy to Italy. What I do, but I don't know how can you do it from the States, is to enclose a pre-stamped return envelope. They feel morally obliged to answer, but again it doesn't always happen. I know there is something called "international answering coupons" (some sort of international stamps), but have never seen them.
Anyway when they don't answer I write again, perhaps the letter will be read by a different employee and you get an answer.
Good luck!!
Marco, Milano, Italy
User avatar
girty
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 103
Joined: 20 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: new jersey

Re: Torre del greco, Italy

Post by girty »

Thanks Marco,
I did write the letter in Italian, I also sent $5.00. hoping this would help with mailing it back to me.. My next step is to rewrite letter and try again. I have dealt with other parts of Italy and did get timely responses.
Thank you,will try again.

girty
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Torre del greco, Italy

Post by suanj »

Girty, send again same letter to uffurp@comune.torredelgreco.na.it and write that you already sended an request in date ..... with 5,00 Us dollars for expenses( =Ho già inviato la medesima richiesta in data ... unitamente a 5,00 dollari per le spese.), and you ask an reply ( =In attesa di riscontro ai sensi della L.241/90, porgo distinti saluti,....signatuire) !
To ask the certificates is very hard recently.... always long time...... For the Office workers this our request are borings.... and are necessary many patience and many phone calls in continuation, always with kindless and patience, otherwise .....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply