Carmella Della Castello
Carmella Della Castello
I am looking for the Ellis Island record for Carmella Della Castello. I have a copy of her death certificate which gives her birth date as May 24, 1895. I know she was married in the United States in 1914. She was married in Burlington NJ to Virgilio Sozio also from Italy.
Carmella's father's name is Gabriel Castello. Her mother's name was was Columbia Monaco. I don't know whether or not they came to the United States.
Thank you for any help you can give me. I am trying to put as much family information together as I can as a surprise for my husband's grandparents.
Peg
Carmella's father's name is Gabriel Castello. Her mother's name was was Columbia Monaco. I don't know whether or not they came to the United States.
Thank you for any help you can give me. I am trying to put as much family information together as I can as a surprise for my husband's grandparents.
Peg
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Hi , here are an
-Carmela Del Castello (exact italian spelling), coming from Capracotta, age 36 in 1911, married in travel with children: Maria Anna, Antonietta, Francesco and Clotilde.... see please, can be...?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 1064040411
and after probable the sister :
-Grazia Del Castello, Gabriele father in Capracotta, married to Ianieri in Burlington NJ
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 0985010401
regards, suanj
-Carmela Del Castello (exact italian spelling), coming from Capracotta, age 36 in 1911, married in travel with children: Maria Anna, Antonietta, Francesco and Clotilde.... see please, can be...?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 1064040411
and after probable the sister :
-Grazia Del Castello, Gabriele father in Capracotta, married to Ianieri in Burlington NJ
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 0985010401
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Edited.
Sorry, wrong family. Have you looked at the 1930 census of Burlington County at the Sozio families listed?
Sorry, wrong family. Have you looked at the 1930 census of Burlington County at the Sozio families listed?
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Search for Della Castello thru census turned up nothing, but for "DeL Castello" returned the following persons in New Jersey.......perhaps some relation?
Surname Given Name Age Sex Race Birthplace State County Location Year
DELCASTELLO FRANCISCO 29 M W ITAL NJ BURLINGTON 3-WD; BURLINGTON TWP 1920
DELCASTELLO SEBASTIANO 23 M W ITAL NJ BURLINGTON 3-WD; BURLINGTON TWP 1920
Living next door to each other.......
Sebastiano, immigration 1913, married to Michelina, age 19, immigration 1903. no children.
Francisco, immigration 1906, naturalized 1914, married to Clotilda, age 23,
immigration 190?, naturalized 1914. children as follows:
Enrico age 6
Alfonso age 4
Umberto age 2..........
nothing for Carmela married to Virgilio Sozio.......
wldspirit
Surname Given Name Age Sex Race Birthplace State County Location Year
DELCASTELLO FRANCISCO 29 M W ITAL NJ BURLINGTON 3-WD; BURLINGTON TWP 1920
DELCASTELLO SEBASTIANO 23 M W ITAL NJ BURLINGTON 3-WD; BURLINGTON TWP 1920
Living next door to each other.......
Sebastiano, immigration 1913, married to Michelina, age 19, immigration 1903. no children.
Francisco, immigration 1906, naturalized 1914, married to Clotilda, age 23,
immigration 190?, naturalized 1914. children as follows:
Enrico age 6
Alfonso age 4
Umberto age 2..........
nothing for Carmela married to Virgilio Sozio.......
wldspirit
Re: Carmella Della Castello
I was unable to find Virgilio Sozio in either the 1920 or the 1930 census, so I thought I'd try Carmella. I found Carmella married to James in Bristol, PA (which I know from speaking to Peg is where the family should be in 1930)
James' occupation is Moulder in Foundry
James and Carmella were naturalized in 1910 (?) and 1913 (?)
All the children were born in PA
Children were:
John, 16 yrs
Laura 14 yrs
Almurendo 11 yrs
Paskline 9 yrs
Mary 7 yrs
Yolanda 3 1/2 yrs
Address: Washington Street
James' occupation is Moulder in Foundry
James and Carmella were naturalized in 1910 (?) and 1913 (?)
All the children were born in PA
Children were:
John, 16 yrs
Laura 14 yrs
Almurendo 11 yrs
Paskline 9 yrs
Mary 7 yrs
Yolanda 3 1/2 yrs
Address: Washington Street
-
ibewlineman
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 00:00
- Location: California
Re: Carmella Della Castello
James is Virgilio - he is my grandfather - and yes it is Washington St. in Bristol and yes he married Carmella - their second son was my father, Almerindo -
and yes he made molds - when he retired he quickly fell ill and our family doctor - Dr. Sobel - got him a job as a janitor in the elementary school and that cased grand-pop to rapidly recover
and yes he made molds - when he retired he quickly fell ill and our family doctor - Dr. Sobel - got him a job as a janitor in the elementary school and that cased grand-pop to rapidly recover
-
ibewlineman
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 00:00
- Location: California
Re: Carmella Della Castello
<<<<<<<<< I have a copy of her death certificate >>>>>>>>
grand mom died just before i was born -
i would love to communicate with you and fill in that side of the family - i have so little of them
grand mom died just before i was born -
i would love to communicate with you and fill in that side of the family - i have so little of them
-
ibewlineman
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 00:00
- Location: California
Re: Carmella Della Castello
<<<<<<<<Children were:
John, 16 yrs
Laura 14 yrs
Almurendo 11 yrs
Paskline 9 yrs
Mary 7 yrs
Yolanda 3 1/2 yrs>>>>>>>>
and the youngest - my Uncle Albert
funny thing - i always thought Aunt Mary was older then Aunt Pat -
John, 16 yrs
Laura 14 yrs
Almurendo 11 yrs
Paskline 9 yrs
Mary 7 yrs
Yolanda 3 1/2 yrs>>>>>>>>
and the youngest - my Uncle Albert
funny thing - i always thought Aunt Mary was older then Aunt Pat -
-
ibewlineman
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 00:00
- Location: California
Re: Carmella Della Castello
to Genquilts -
please notify Peg I think she is looking for my grand father -
please notify Peg I think she is looking for my grand father -
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Ibewlineman,
Thanks so much for posting! I would love to help you reconnect with the family--My husband, Dennis, is your Aunt Pat's grandson. I just saw most of the family at a wedding in Texas--including your Uncle Albert.
I'm still having trouble finding the records for when Carmella came to the US, but I'll be happy to share whatever I find. You sent my husband an e-mail yesterday--I'll get your address from him and contact you directly!
I've hit dead-ends following the leads everyone has so kindly offered on this site. Is it possible that Carmella didn't come through Ellis Island? Where else should I be looking?
Thanks so much for posting! I would love to help you reconnect with the family--My husband, Dennis, is your Aunt Pat's grandson. I just saw most of the family at a wedding in Texas--including your Uncle Albert.
I'm still having trouble finding the records for when Carmella came to the US, but I'll be happy to share whatever I find. You sent my husband an e-mail yesterday--I'll get your address from him and contact you directly!
I've hit dead-ends following the leads everyone has so kindly offered on this site. Is it possible that Carmella didn't come through Ellis Island? Where else should I be looking?
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Wow!
I just found out Carmella came to the US as a first class passenger. Any idea how to find first class passenger lists?
I just found out Carmella came to the US as a first class passenger. Any idea how to find first class passenger lists?
-
ibewlineman
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 00:00
- Location: California
Re: Carmella Della Castello
p2ehling -
this is so great - how are they? how is Uncle Albert and Aunt Jackie? -
oh heck - so many questions -
I cannot wait till we talk -
BTW - saw your husband's photo on his business web site -
yup - no doubt we are related <grin>
this is so great - how are they? how is Uncle Albert and Aunt Jackie? -
oh heck - so many questions -
I cannot wait till we talk -
BTW - saw your husband's photo on his business web site -
yup - no doubt we are related <grin>
- Molisana1973
- Newbie

- Posts: 21
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 00:00
- Location: Bavaria/Germany
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Dear Peg,
I think James is an Anchestor of my fathers schoolfriend Amelio Sozio.The Nickname of Amelio's father is Jacket(or something like this). I must ask my father. he has good connections to this family. And I know that the name Ianieri is coming from Capracotta, too. One of the Webmasters of Capracotta has this name.Do you kniow if Columbia Monaco came from Capracotta, too? I ask, because the name of my Grandmother is Monaco , too.
Angie
I think James is an Anchestor of my fathers schoolfriend Amelio Sozio.The Nickname of Amelio's father is Jacket(or something like this). I must ask my father. he has good connections to this family. And I know that the name Ianieri is coming from Capracotta, too. One of the Webmasters of Capracotta has this name.Do you kniow if Columbia Monaco came from Capracotta, too? I ask, because the name of my Grandmother is Monaco , too.
Angie
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Angie,
Thanks for your post. I don't know whether Columbia was born in Capracotta but she must have lived there for some time. The family story is that her husband, Carmella's father, was the mayor or held some other government position. I haven't been able to connect my husband's family to the Ianieri's yet. I keep hitting dead ends. Whatever you find out about the Monaco's I would love to hear it.
Thanks for your post. I don't know whether Columbia was born in Capracotta but she must have lived there for some time. The family story is that her husband, Carmella's father, was the mayor or held some other government position. I haven't been able to connect my husband's family to the Ianieri's yet. I keep hitting dead ends. Whatever you find out about the Monaco's I would love to hear it.
- Molisana1973
- Newbie

- Posts: 21
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 00:00
- Location: Bavaria/Germany
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Hi Peg,
is it possible to send me a Gedcom file of your results? so I can look better. I can send a letter to the aunt of my father. maybe she knows something about Columbia. Capracotta is only a little village with 1000 Persons ( in Winter) and in Summer when the children come back 7000 Personen. So everyone knows everyone.From the line of monaco I know only 2 Persons . Only my Grandmother Antonia Who married my Grandfather Ciro Sammarone and her Father Michele, who married Rosa di Lullo.to search in Italy is very difflicult. so I think it's better to search when I'm there next time directly.or aunt pina( the aunt of my father) knows something what she can write me in a letter.
Best wisches
Angie
is it possible to send me a Gedcom file of your results? so I can look better. I can send a letter to the aunt of my father. maybe she knows something about Columbia. Capracotta is only a little village with 1000 Persons ( in Winter) and in Summer when the children come back 7000 Personen. So everyone knows everyone.From the line of monaco I know only 2 Persons . Only my Grandmother Antonia Who married my Grandfather Ciro Sammarone and her Father Michele, who married Rosa di Lullo.to search in Italy is very difflicult. so I think it's better to search when I'm there next time directly.or aunt pina( the aunt of my father) knows something what she can write me in a letter.
Best wisches
Angie


