Am I just being stupid, or do others not understand the information below, as found on the Consulate websites:
Appointments
To schedule an appointment, please contact the call center at:
Premium rate: 1-900-446-2244
Credit Card: 1800-686-4446
at the cost of $2.49 per minute.
Calls are answered from 8.00 a.m to 6.00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
What is the "premium rate" vs. credit card number? I never encountered such terminology! Do I pay $2.49/minute to call Abtran in either case, but the 900 number automatically charges this to my phone bill, while the 800 number is a free call and the time is charged to my credit card? Or?
Does Abtran take my information verbally over the phone, or provide an email address where you send your info? Verbal communication seems like a bad idea, as mistakes can be made transposing the names, spellings and email addresses.
How many minutes does it typically take to complete the appointment call with Abrtan? (The random costs for this are mounting!)
Thanks,
Dennis
San Diego
Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
-
AlfaRomeo4Ever
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 02:30
-
Italia1963
- Rookie

- Posts: 65
- Joined: 16 Aug 2011, 23:59
Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
I called the credit card number and was charged $7.47
Its a fairly easy procedure where you only answer a few questions and then they give you a date for your appt. Supposedly an email will be forthcoming confirming this, but not sure if they send it out as you get closer to your appt. date as I made the appt this past August, and I haven't heard anything yet (My appt is next July).
I agree. Not any one part of this dual-citizenship procedure is expensive, but as a whole, it is adding up, especially if you have to get Court orders to amend documents.
Its a fairly easy procedure where you only answer a few questions and then they give you a date for your appt. Supposedly an email will be forthcoming confirming this, but not sure if they send it out as you get closer to your appt. date as I made the appt this past August, and I haven't heard anything yet (My appt is next July).
I agree. Not any one part of this dual-citizenship procedure is expensive, but as a whole, it is adding up, especially if you have to get Court orders to amend documents.
-
AlfaRomeo4Ever
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 02:30
Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
Thanks for the info. I still dont understand what Abtran mean by "premium rate." Oh well...
Yes, the costs are very steep if you need to get apostilles (especially in CT -$40 ea) PLUS "authentications" for out-of-jurisdiction documents.
Eleven month wait? YIKES! What consulate are you applying to? I hope Los Angeles is not as long as that!
Gathering all these docs up and having the court ammend name inaccuracies (my case, for sure) takes a very long time. I guess the proper strategy is to make your appt. first, then square away all the docs while you wait!
Yes, the costs are very steep if you need to get apostilles (especially in CT -$40 ea) PLUS "authentications" for out-of-jurisdiction documents.
Eleven month wait? YIKES! What consulate are you applying to? I hope Los Angeles is not as long as that!
Gathering all these docs up and having the court ammend name inaccuracies (my case, for sure) takes a very long time. I guess the proper strategy is to make your appt. first, then square away all the docs while you wait!
Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
I received my e-mail confirming my appointment w/in 24 hours of making the appointment w/ ABTRAN
The "premium" number just adds the cost of the call/service amount to your phone bill
The "premium" number just adds the cost of the call/service amount to your phone bill
-
Italia1963
- Rookie

- Posts: 65
- Joined: 16 Aug 2011, 23:59
Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
Im applying in New York. Not sure why it takes so long for an appt. Maybe they only do dual citizenship applications once a week.
Regarding costs, I made the mistake of once I receied my vital documents, I had them certified and then appostilled. It was only later after reading the forums that I realized names have to be corrected, so once again Ill be paying for certification and to have the amended documents apostilled.
Regarding costs, I made the mistake of once I receied my vital documents, I had them certified and then appostilled. It was only later after reading the forums that I realized names have to be corrected, so once again Ill be paying for certification and to have the amended documents apostilled.
-
Italia1963
- Rookie

- Posts: 65
- Joined: 16 Aug 2011, 23:59
Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
rjnigro is correct. You should receive a confirmation within 24 hours. I called them and they had my email wrong.