You all have been so incredibly helpful in the past with translating documents, and helping me with a variety of things. I do appreciate everything
It has been brought to my attention that I am eligible for dual citizenship. My great grandfather immigrated from Italy to the US, fell in love, had children (one including my grandfather), and then became a naturalized citizen about 10 years later.
I have a wide collection of documents, so I am doing my best to find everything to get this to work! However, I do not have my grandfathers original birth certificate. I have my great grandfathers certificate from Parma, Italy. My grandfather was born in New York City. On the NYC gov website, it states only a parent of a child can get the birth certificate. How would I go about getting his birth certificate, as seeing that he is two generations older than me, as well as deceased. I have his death certificate, and a few other things, but I do know the Miami consulate requires the birth certificate.
Also, I'm reading I need apostilles? What does this even mean? Is it like having a document notarized? If so, would I need it for all documents? Or just my great grandfathers? I also read I need translations? Do I go through an official translator? Or where do I go?
I have an original copy of his naturalization paper, but I was told this does not need a translation or apostille.
If someone could please send me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! I have the majority of the records being asked for! Here's to hoping I can get this done



