I have made contact with a person in Bagheria and he does not speak English. Here is what he said...
Ciao
Tu non parli italiano io non parlo inglese, mi aiuto con un software di traduzione istantanea.
Mi piacerebbe comunque chattare con te e fornirti tutte le informazioni che ti interessano
a presto in rete
I would like to respond then ask him if he knows any La Barbera's as they are possible relatives of mine...
Making contact in Bagheria
- johnlabarbera
- Veteran

- Posts: 199
- Joined: 23 Dec 2007, 15:31
- Location: Katy Texas USA
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Making contact in Bagheria
Since it is just a short message to make go to www.freetranslation.com and translate the following: I am seeking families named La Barbera in Bagheria. Do you know any La Barbera?. =Peter=
- johnlabarbera
- Veteran

- Posts: 199
- Joined: 23 Dec 2007, 15:31
- Location: Katy Texas USA
Re: Making contact in Bagheria
Ok
Ciao John
scusami ho cercato di scriverti con un software di traduzione che a quanto pare non funziona molto bene.
Quello che ho inteso dirti e:
1-Gli unici La Barbera che conosco abitano a Trabia uno è mio genero il marito di mia figlia si chiama La Barbera Michele il padre si
chiamava Nicolino,spero che queste informazioni ti possano essere utili.
2-Anche io cerco alcuni miei parenti è il fratello di mio nonno, che è emigrato in America non so in quale stato.
Se non ricordo male si doveva chiamare Pecorella Giovanni e proviene da Boccadifalco che è una frazione di Monreale a Palermo.
Ti sarei grato se puoi fornimi eventuali contatti e notizie in merito.
Resto a tua disposizione per quanto posso esserti utile,nelle tue ricerche.
Con affetto
Michelangelo
Can someone translate for me??
Ciao John
scusami ho cercato di scriverti con un software di traduzione che a quanto pare non funziona molto bene.
Quello che ho inteso dirti e:
1-Gli unici La Barbera che conosco abitano a Trabia uno è mio genero il marito di mia figlia si chiama La Barbera Michele il padre si
chiamava Nicolino,spero che queste informazioni ti possano essere utili.
2-Anche io cerco alcuni miei parenti è il fratello di mio nonno, che è emigrato in America non so in quale stato.
Se non ricordo male si doveva chiamare Pecorella Giovanni e proviene da Boccadifalco che è una frazione di Monreale a Palermo.
Ti sarei grato se puoi fornimi eventuali contatti e notizie in merito.
Resto a tua disposizione per quanto posso esserti utile,nelle tue ricerche.
Con affetto
Michelangelo
Can someone translate for me??
Re: Making contact in Bagheria
Here it is roughly...I am still a beginner...but this is good practice for me to translate...so if you don't mind a few mistakes or rough patches...here it is:
Hi John, Excuse me, I looked to write to you with translation software but it does not work very well. That which I meant to tell you is:
1. The only La barbera that I know lives in Trabia, one is my son in law, the husband of my daughter, named Michele La Barbera, the father was named Nicolino, I hope that this information can be useful
2. Also, I looked for some of my relatives, it is the brother of my grandfather, who emigrated to America, I don't know which state.
The next line, I don't know all the words..but it says something to the effect of he doesn't remember well if he had called or ought to have called (sorry this is the rough spot in my translation) Giovanni Pecorella who comes from Boccadifalco which is a frasione of Monreale in Palermo. I would be grateful to you if you could supply me with any contacts and worthwhile news. I remain at your disposal for as much as I can be useful to you, in your research,
With affection
Hi John, Excuse me, I looked to write to you with translation software but it does not work very well. That which I meant to tell you is:
1. The only La barbera that I know lives in Trabia, one is my son in law, the husband of my daughter, named Michele La Barbera, the father was named Nicolino, I hope that this information can be useful
2. Also, I looked for some of my relatives, it is the brother of my grandfather, who emigrated to America, I don't know which state.
The next line, I don't know all the words..but it says something to the effect of he doesn't remember well if he had called or ought to have called (sorry this is the rough spot in my translation) Giovanni Pecorella who comes from Boccadifalco which is a frasione of Monreale in Palermo. I would be grateful to you if you could supply me with any contacts and worthwhile news. I remain at your disposal for as much as I can be useful to you, in your research,
With affection
Re: Making contact in Bagheria
John, I believe I read somewhere that you had gone to Sicily last year or the year before. As I too am looking for LaBarbera's, where is the best place to start? A specific church, area? I am not going until Sep 2012, but I am doing my planning now for planning and letter writing purposes.
Thanks,
Linda
Thanks,
Linda
- johnlabarbera
- Veteran

- Posts: 199
- Joined: 23 Dec 2007, 15:31
- Location: Katy Texas USA
Re: Making contact in Bagheria
Linda, tell me more about your goals and family history and I can give you some very useful information that will save you time....

