Lacerenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
cristina47
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Apr 2008, 00:09

Re: Lacerenza

Post by cristina47 »

any one have any information on pasquale lacerenza
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Biff83 »

Hello and Welcome!

Are these records for the corrrect Pasquale?

1930 census Providence RI
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/382/ ... 930dl8.jpg
Pasquale Lacerenza 48
Filomina Lacerenza 40
Antonia S Lacerenza 16
Christina Lacerenza 14
Emilio F Lacerenza 12
William A Lacerenza 10
Beatrice A Lacerenza 8
Irina M Lacerenza 5
Julia F Lacerenza 1 8/12
Laurena Pescopcello 79

1920 census
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2815 ... 920kq2.jpg
Pasquale Lacerenza 37
Philomena Lacerenza 30
Antonio Lacerenza 7
Christina Lacerenza 5
Emilis Lacerenza 2 4/12
William Lacerenza 4/12

WWII Draft Card
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2379/zzwwiili7.jpg
Name: Pasquale Lacerenza
Birth Date: 7 Jan 1882
RESIDENCE: Providence, Rhode Island
Birth: Foggia, Italy


WWI Draft Card
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6092/zzwwigk6.jpg
Name: Pasquale Lacerenza
City: Providence
County: Providence
State: Rhode Island
Birth Date: 7 Jan 1882

Rhose Island Marriages
Spouse 1: Pasquale Lacerenza
Spouse 2: Filomena Piscopiello
Marriage Date: 21 Jul 1913

1907 ship manifest
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8638/zz1907rv4.jpg
Name: Pasquale Lacerenza
Arrival Date: 12 Jun 1907
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1882
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Manuel Calvo
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Italy
Line: 17
Birth Location Other: Orta Nova, Foggia

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
DLacerenza99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 May 2008, 12:29
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Lacerenza

Post by DLacerenza99 »

Janine!

Hello, I actually found this post from a google search oddly enough so I registered. Great site by the way.

Moving on, I find it hysterical that all the Lacerenzas I've ever heard about have all come from Connecticut. But let me just jump right to it.

I cannot confirm it but I can pretty much assume that we're all related. In my particular family (and maybe yours growing up) on my mother's side, they were all told that they were the ONLY Lacerenza's out there. Apparently two of our great grandfathers got into a feud of some sort and apparently disassociated from one another. This being the case we were told, as were the very few other Lacerenzas I've spoken with over the years that they were in fact the only ones. Of course as time continued on as it inevitably does, the families started finding out that there were more of us around than we were previously led to believe. Aren't family feuds great? Haha.

Anyways, my name is Dominic. Not necessarily a true Lacerenza as it was my mother's maiden name who happens to be Carol Lacerenza. I took her name for a multitude of reasons. Her parents were Dominic and Margaret Lacerenza and her brother Chuck Lacerenza and sisters Marie and Joan Lacerenza. However Marie is now Marie Orlando and Joan is now Joan Leveque. They all still reside within the state of Connecticut. My mother however left her home in Waterbury when she was 20 years old and moved to Hollywood, California and inevitably had me. She still resides in Los Angeles and I would imagine it makes us the western most Lacerenza's in the country. However I just moved to Las Vegas in January of this year and am enjoying the sunshine, hehe.

I talked to a Sicilian gentleman many years ago who actually told me that the verb of Lacerenza is Lacerare (Loch*AY*AH*RAY) which apparently means to "tear." I found that uncanny simply because at one time it would appear that our families did just that by disassociating themselves from one another.

Anyways, I hope that this reply finds you in good health and that all is well with your family out there. Chances are we are more than likely semi-distant relatives (or maybe not so distant at all). Hopefully you're still an avid poster here as I saw your original post was back in 2005. I'd love to know more about you.
User avatar
JLacerenza
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Aug 2005, 00:00
Location: PA

Re: Lacerenza

Post by JLacerenza »

I sent you a PM Dominic...call me.

Janine
User avatar
Eurythmics6004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Eurythmics6004 »

Hi there,

I am a Lacerenza from New Rochelle, NY. I have traced my roots to my Great great great grandfather Vito Lacerenza born in Avigliano, Italy in 1832. His son, Andrew Lacerenza, born in 1859, came to New Rochelle in the early 1900's and had a big family, but most of his grandchildren were by his two daughters who both married men with the last name Gerardi. Me, my brother and my cousin are the only 3 Lacerenza's from that line. We did have some distant cousins living on Long Island.
Frank.j.lawrence
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 04:57

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Frank.j.lawrence »

My last name is Lawrence changed from Lacerenza in 1940 (ish) My grand father, Victor came from Avigilano Italy in approximately 1890. I lived on Long Island with my father mother, 4 sisters and a brother for years. Can we be related?
User avatar
Eurythmics6004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Eurythmics6004 »

Yes I am sure we are, that was close to the year my great grandfather Vito Lacerenza Came. His father was Andrew (Andrea) who also came, but he came when he was in his 40's
Frank.j.lawrence
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 04:57

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Frank.j.lawrence »

So potentially my Grandfather and your grand father were brothers, although I'm not aware of any of my grandfathers family. Do you know if Lacerenza was a common name in Avaligano ?
User avatar
Eurythmics6004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Eurythmics6004 »

It was where the name originated from. My family has been here so long that it's hard to tell. My family when they came here settled in Pelham and New Rochelle. It was my great great grandfather who originally came here and my great grandfather later on. My great great grandfather was Andrew, as I stated. He was a very tall man and his occupation was the lamp lighter in the village of Pelham before the electric lighting was installed in 1922. His father, who never came to America was Vito as well. His wife was Josephine DeClemente. Her mother's maiden name was Lacerenza so even though they married it's likely they were cousins. Of course, now I am talking mid-1800's. Avigliano was not and still is not a big place. If the last name is Lacerenza there has to be a blood relation.
User avatar
Eurythmics6004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Eurythmics6004 »

Do you use facebook? If so, friend me and we can talk more about this and I can share family tree notes that I found when I did my research. My name is Billy Lacerenza.
Frank.j.lawrence
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 04:57

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Frank.j.lawrence »

I'm re-thinking this. It's likely my Grandfather and your great grandfather were brothers. I'm 65, My father would have been 106.He was born in 1906 in the states.
My grand father was born in 1876 in Italy
User avatar
Eurythmics6004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Eurythmics6004 »

Interesting. I am 27, my grandfather would be 76 and his father would be 105.
Frank.j.lawrence
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 04:57

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Frank.j.lawrence »

Bill, I have asked to be your friend on Facebook. My name is Frank (and by the way my youngest son's name is Bill)
Frank.j.lawrence
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 04:57

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Frank.j.lawrence »

So potentially, your great grandfather and my father were cousins. My grandfather and your great great grandfather were brothers. Again was your great great grandfathers name Andrew ?
User avatar
Eurythmics6004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Lacerenza

Post by Eurythmics6004 »

yes but in Italian it was Andrea, and his wife was the Josephine. His father was Vito Lacerenza.
Post Reply