Okay, we might run into a brick wall about our heritage in that I know little about my Fathers family. Unfortunately all my Uncles aunts and my father and mother are gone.
All I know is that my Grand father, Victor, died in 1970, he had eight kids, my dad was the 4th. My grand mother died in 1946. My grandfather was supposedly a stubborn old guinea. He couldn't have been too proud of being Italian in that he changed his name to Lawrence to get work in the Steam fitting business. I was told that the Lacerenza's in Italy were all well known, some what affluent family. But this is all hear say. I also remember hearing that there may have been a doctor in the family in Italy.
My father married Jennie Valentino, so as you can see I'm 100% Italian. I had 4 sisters and a brother. Two sisters have passed.
What ever info you can share will be appreciated.
Take Care
Lacerenza
- Eurythmics6004
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:26
Re: Lacerenza
When I get a chance later I will go through my records and see what I can dig up. I know my great great grandfather did have brothers. Where and when they went is not exactly clear but I will see what I can find.
Re: Lacerenza
I have Lacerenza in my line and am from Stamford too.
My gggrandfather was Vito Vaccaro, from Avigliano. He came over in the 1870's with his four brothers and eventually his mother, Domenica Maria Lacerenza.
I've tried to see if there's a link between the Stamford Lacerenza's and my ggggrandmother, but haven't proven anything. All my relative's have used the Lacerenza funeral home so I thought there might have been something going that far back.
There used to be an Aviglianese Society in Stamford but the Historical Society doesn't have much info on them, except for some pictures in a pamphlet from about 50 years ago. Might want to go check that out to see if there's any info there.
My gggrandfather was Vito Vaccaro, from Avigliano. He came over in the 1870's with his four brothers and eventually his mother, Domenica Maria Lacerenza.
I've tried to see if there's a link between the Stamford Lacerenza's and my ggggrandmother, but haven't proven anything. All my relative's have used the Lacerenza funeral home so I thought there might have been something going that far back.
There used to be an Aviglianese Society in Stamford but the Historical Society doesn't have much info on them, except for some pictures in a pamphlet from about 50 years ago. Might want to go check that out to see if there's any info there.
Re: Lacerenza
By the way, there are a LOT of Avigliano records on Ancestry. They can get you back to the mid-1870's. And the Family History Center in Woodbridge, CT (near Orange) has many many Avigliano films permanently there.
-
jhunted7777
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Jul 2014, 17:59
Re: Lacerenza
Janine , we haven't spoken since your mothers memorial mass , you should have asked about the family I would have told you , it's true , Great Grandpa was the oldest in a very large family , he didn't get his inheritance but the youngest of the children did , so they did not talk to one an other anymore , Pop remembers his great uncle coming to see our great, great grandfather back in the 1920's when he was a kid , they argued and pop said he never saw him again , but it's odd they all lived within 50 miles of one an other all those years , when you want to know something email me
-
Nlacerenza
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 16 Aug 2024, 01:28
Re: Lacerenza
Hi Janine—
I am Vito Lacerenza’s grandchild. My grandfather was one of seven children. My dad is Jim (James) and he has two siblings Lucien and Joseph. I am not sure if you are still active on this site, but I read one of your questions asking where Catherine/James are buried. I’m pretty sure they are buried where my grandpa is at St. John’s in Darien, Connecticut. If you are on Facebook, feel free to reach out. My dad is pretty knowledgeable about all of this stuff.
- Noelle
I am Vito Lacerenza’s grandchild. My grandfather was one of seven children. My dad is Jim (James) and he has two siblings Lucien and Joseph. I am not sure if you are still active on this site, but I read one of your questions asking where Catherine/James are buried. I’m pretty sure they are buried where my grandpa is at St. John’s in Darien, Connecticut. If you are on Facebook, feel free to reach out. My dad is pretty knowledgeable about all of this stuff.
- Noelle
