Ciao a tutti,
I am new to the forum so I apologize if this post doesn't follow proper etiquette. I am looking for information about my great grandfather, who I believe was born in Sicily. His name was Antonio Nasca, and I believe he was born around 1905, though he could have been born anytime between 1880 and 1915. He ended up, at least for a time, in the Chicago area. I am not sure if he and my great-grandmother, Francesca "Marion" Scardina, were ever married, but he is listed as the father on my grandmother's birth certificate. My grandmother, Anita Nasca, was born on June 28, 1935.
I have found a few promising Antonio Nascas through the Ellis Islands records, but since I know so little about him, it's hard to know which one is the correct Antonio. I'd like to ask around to see if anyone has any information or research tips. Any help would be greatly appreciated, both by my family and me.
Grazie mille,
Katherine
Antonio/Antonino Nasca- Sicily
Re: Antonio/Antonino Nasca- Sicily
Hi,
in Chicago, in 1930 census was just 1 Tony Nasca:
1930 United States Federal Census about Tony Masca
Name: Tony Masca
[Tony Nasca]
[Tony Mosca]
Gender: Male
Birth Year: abt 1905
Birthplace: Illinois
Race: White
Home in 1930: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
View Map
Marital Status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Epifanio Masca
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Name: Crocifisca Masca
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Occupation:
Education:
Military Service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace:
View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Epifanio Masca
62
Crocifisca Masca
52
Tony Masca
25
Frank Masca
22
Munzio Masca
20
by genealogic tree on ancestry.com
Anthony (Tony) Nasca
Birth 1 JUN 1903 in Illinois
Death 19 OCT 1973 in Chicago, IL
son of Epifanio Nasca( b. MAY 1869 in Montemaggiore Belsito,Sicily, Italy; Death 19 APR 1950 in Chicago, Illinois -St. Anne's Hospital)
and of Crucifissa (Christina) Rizzo (Birth MAR 1876
Death FEB 1962 in Chicago, Illinois)
this Anthony/Tony Nasca married at:
Stella Maddalozzo
Birth 10 JAN 1906
Death 27 OCT 1978 in Chicago, IL
I no found the marriage record of this Anthony Nasca as a well abt your ancestor...
You are sure that your ancestor was born in Italy?
Regards,
suanj
in Chicago, in 1930 census was just 1 Tony Nasca:
1930 United States Federal Census about Tony Masca
Name: Tony Masca
[Tony Nasca]
[Tony Mosca]
Gender: Male
Birth Year: abt 1905
Birthplace: Illinois
Race: White
Home in 1930: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
View Map
Marital Status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Epifanio Masca
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Name: Crocifisca Masca
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Occupation:
Education:
Military Service:
Rent/home value:
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace:
View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Epifanio Masca
62
Crocifisca Masca
52
Tony Masca
25
Frank Masca
22
Munzio Masca
20
by genealogic tree on ancestry.com
Anthony (Tony) Nasca
Birth 1 JUN 1903 in Illinois
Death 19 OCT 1973 in Chicago, IL
son of Epifanio Nasca( b. MAY 1869 in Montemaggiore Belsito,Sicily, Italy; Death 19 APR 1950 in Chicago, Illinois -St. Anne's Hospital)
and of Crucifissa (Christina) Rizzo (Birth MAR 1876
Death FEB 1962 in Chicago, Illinois)
this Anthony/Tony Nasca married at:
Stella Maddalozzo
Birth 10 JAN 1906
Death 27 OCT 1978 in Chicago, IL
I no found the marriage record of this Anthony Nasca as a well abt your ancestor...
You are sure that your ancestor was born in Italy?
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
Katherine16
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:47
Re: Antonio/Antonino Nasca- Sicily
Ciao suanj!
Wow.. you are so generous to take the time to research that for me! I thank you sincerely. Unfortunately, I am almost positive that he was born in Sicily, so I think this may be the wrong Antonio Nasca.
In fact, I was able to track down an Antonio that I think may be the correct one. I see that you are from the Molise area, but I was wondering if maybe you knew anything about requesting certified birth certificates from Sicily. Specifically, I believe he was born in Balestrate, Palermo. Would you happen to know anything about whom to contact or how the request process works?
Grazie altra volta!
Katherine
Wow.. you are so generous to take the time to research that for me! I thank you sincerely. Unfortunately, I am almost positive that he was born in Sicily, so I think this may be the wrong Antonio Nasca.
In fact, I was able to track down an Antonio that I think may be the correct one. I see that you are from the Molise area, but I was wondering if maybe you knew anything about requesting certified birth certificates from Sicily. Specifically, I believe he was born in Balestrate, Palermo. Would you happen to know anything about whom to contact or how the request process works?
Grazie altra volta!
Katherine
Re: Antonio/Antonino Nasca- Sicily
If your Antonio/Antonino was born in Balestrate, and you know not the right birthdate or almost the right birthyear, surely in Balestrate was born many Antonio or Antonino Nasca between 1880 and 1915
so the first step is to search in Balestrate church records (Battesimi/Christenings)
Italy, Catholic Church Records
Palermo >Balestrate> Sant'Anna church
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... 2F11906003
and to know abt the birthdate of your possible Antonio/Antonino
suanj
so the first step is to search in Balestrate church records (Battesimi/Christenings)
Italy, Catholic Church Records
Palermo >Balestrate> Sant'Anna church
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... 2F11906003
and to know abt the birthdate of your possible Antonio/Antonino
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
Katherine16
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:47
Re: Antonio/Antonino Nasca- Sicily
Hi again,
Thanks for the tip! Now, if I can find a match, I'll know the year of his birth. Whom, then, should I contact to get a certified copy? I have the general number for the Balestrate government but I am not sure that is the right number to contact.
Grazie mille,
Katherine
Thanks for the tip! Now, if I can find a match, I'll know the year of his birth. Whom, then, should I contact to get a certified copy? I have the general number for the Balestrate government but I am not sure that is the right number to contact.
Grazie mille,
Katherine
Re: Antonio/Antonino Nasca- Sicily
Hi, in this webpage: http://www.comune.balestrate.pa.it/ev/h ... _blocco=83
you can see in "Stato Civile, Leva, Statistica, Servizi Necroscopici e Cimiteriali" the email of civil records officer
you can write by email using this letter form:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
or write by regular mail:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Roma 14
90041 Balestrate (PA)
Italy
regards,
suanj
you can see in "Stato Civile, Leva, Statistica, Servizi Necroscopici e Cimiteriali" the email of civil records officer
you can write by email using this letter form:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
or write by regular mail:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Roma 14
90041 Balestrate (PA)
Italy
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
