Ciao a tutti,
I have read through the posts of others who have asked about requesting official, certified birth documents from Italy, but still don't understand what the process is. I am trying to order a birth certificate for Antonio Nasca, born around 1909 in Balestrate, Palermo, Sicily. I saw one poster suggest filling out this form: http://www.conschicago.esteri.it/NR/rdo ... OMUNE1.pdf, and others who did not indicate that form would be necessary.
If I do not use that form, is it possible to fax a request to some office in Palermo? What payment, if any, must be included?
Thanks in advance!
Grazie mille,
Katherine
Needed: Certified birth certificate from Balestrate, Palermo
-
Katherine16
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:47
Re: Needed: Certified birth certificate from Balestrate, Pal
I used My Italian Family and sent for both my grandfather and grandmother's birth certificates. I received them both in about 3 weeks time. Both were from Balestrate. Balestrate has a website where you can contact them. It has both addresses and phone numbers.
-
Katherine16
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:47
Re: Needed: Certified birth certificate from Balestrate, Pal
Hello,
Thanks for your response! I was excited about trying My Italian Family until I saw the price. Do you know if it's possible to just contact the Balestrate government directly to request the document?
Thanks!
Katherine
Thanks for your response! I was excited about trying My Italian Family until I saw the price. Do you know if it's possible to just contact the Balestrate government directly to request the document?
Thanks!
Katherine
Re: Needed: Certified birth certificate from Balestrate, Pal
I believe you can. Here is the information I got off the internet.
Balestrate City Hall
Address: Via Roma, 14 - 90041 Balestrate - ITALY
Phone Number: (+39) 091-8980011; Fax: (+39) 091-8980079
Mayor: Tonino Palazzolo
Hope this helps, Bill
Balestrate City Hall
Address: Via Roma, 14 - 90041 Balestrate - ITALY
Phone Number: (+39) 091-8980011; Fax: (+39) 091-8980079
Mayor: Tonino Palazzolo
Hope this helps, Bill
