Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

Hello guys!
I've got news for all of you.
Talked to my nonno.
I apologize for making you crazy in all these days.

My nonno says the woman who wrote is A. Morelli, where A stands for Antonietta (see Antonia) .
So mrs G Morelli doesn't exist anymore. and never existed.
her maiden surname must have been FELICI.
She was surely married with Mr. "x" Morelli.

my nonno remembers they had a daughter, but the rest of my family is almost convinced they had a son.

Anyway 2 guys were born: Jimmy and Dario.
(so they should be the third generation)

Antonietta Felici might also have had a brother but he went to miami.

She might be born in 1906.
In 1919 - more or less - they went to say goodbye to my nonno's family because they were moving to us.
Antonietta was 13, her brother 8 and my nonno 4 (he's born 8March1915).

The envelop of the only letter we have doesn't say much.
There's only a mark "Temple City CA 196x" (unreadable)

I've got some pictures of the family and I'm looking for someone who can scanner evrything to send these things to you.

Last thing: my mom says she heard they were HOMEOWNERS and the house had a big swimming pool (it's shown in the pictures I have).

At this point a "Roberto" really exists but we can't understand if he's Antonietta's brother or son.

Jimmy and Dario must be as old as my father (born 1948).
In a journey to italy, I don't know when, Antonietta was rushly called back to US because the guys were rqstd to go to Vietnam.

Hope this will help you (and me).
Sorry again if we made a mess!
Hugs Alessia.
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by VaDeb »

Is this correct:
Antonietta Felici born about 1906 immigrated to the US about 1919.
She had a brother (name unknown) who also immigrated about 1919.

Did they come to the US with parents?

There is a California birth index for 1905-1995. I did not find any children born with the Morelli surname with mother's maiden name of Felici.

Perhaps, there is someone on this board who lives in the are of Temple City and could check phone directories in a library.

Debbie
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

VaDeb wrote:Is this correct:
Antonietta Felici born about 1906 immigrated to the US about 1919.
She had a brother (name unknown) who also immigrated about 1919.

Did they come to the US with parents?

There is a California birth index for 1905-1995. I did not find any children born with the Morelli surname with mother's maiden name of Felici.

Perhaps, there is someone on this board who lives in the are of Temple City and could check phone directories in a library.

Debbie
Debbie Hi,
yes
everyhing you wrote is correct, but this makes me sad.
it's still a failure...sob :cry:
byebye, Ale
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Alessia,

Don't give up yet. We are just starting with correct information. Also, the person you are looking for, Antonietta Felici Morelli, has been in more recent records. They are not as readily available as older records.

Also, if her husband died or they divorced and she remarried, she becomes almost invisible in the records. Remember that here in the US women generally do not carry their maiden names through life.

I am going to try and find a family that matches in the census.

1920 - This is a head of household index only. Any idea what Antonietta's father first name was?

1930 - This is an every name index. But Antonietta's boys were not born yet. Any idea what year Antonietta married Mr. Morelli?

Debbie
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by VaDeb »

From the social security death index:

JAMES A MORELLI
born 25 Feb 1890
died 01 Sep 1966 (V)
last residence 91780 (Temple City, Los Angeles, CA) (# is a zip code)
SS# 168-10-3981
State number issued in: Pennsylvania

ANTONIETTA MORELLI
born 23 Nov 1903
died 17 Feb 2000 (V)
last residence 90806 (Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA)
SS# 191-20-8164
State number issued in Pennsylvania

I do not know if this is the correct Antonietta or if these two persons are related.
Does this ring any bells?
Debbie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by wldspirit »

If a manifest could be found......we would at least have more info to
go on.....I am assuming they traveled together as a family??
Mfjp is great at finding the elusive manifest!!!!!! :P

wldspirit

Also......which comune, province and region did they immigrate from??
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

Hi Alessia,

You mentioned that you are sure the Morellis owned the home on Myrtus. It's likely that today, the house and neighborhood would look different than in the 60's but there may be something, perhaps a landmark of sorts in the pictures that might be a clue. If you can, scan the pictures and send them to me. The first chance I get, I'll check it out. Archived real estate records for Los Angeles county are kept in the city of Norwalk, not in Los Angeles like I was originally told. Norwalk is not very far from Temple City. I called the Temple City library and they do not have any older phone books. The person I talked to said they have older books in the Rosemead library which is very close to Temple City. Myrtus is only a few blocks long.

Good luck and don't give up yet, ... Jay
jay@greenleaf.com
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

VaDeb wrote:Hi Alessia,

Don't give up yet. We are just starting with correct information. Also, the person you are looking for, Antonietta Felici Morelli, has been in more recent records. They are not as readily available as older records.

Also, if her husband died or they divorced and she remarried, she becomes almost invisible in the records. Remember that here in the US women generally do not carry their maiden names through life.

I am going to try and find a family that matches in the census.

1920 - This is a head of household index only. Any idea what Antonietta's father first name was?

1930 - This is an every name index. But Antonietta's boys were not born yet. Any idea what year Antonietta married Mr. Morelli?

Debbie
hi dear,
you made me think that Antonietta's husband died soon after he retired.
In life he was administrator of a farm (???? does it make sense to you?)
I have no idea of her father's name.
My nonno's grandfather was Sabatino Felici, but Sabatino must have been her uncle or cousin, right?
Sabatino felici married Maria.
They had not less than 4 children:
Andrea, Filippo, Iolanda, Assunta.
Andrea is the father of my nonno.
But I don't know how this family tree is related to Antonietta.

Also, Jimmy and Dario were not her sons (if I'm not wrong) but her nephew.

I can't imagine when they got married, but maybe not before 1929, since she was 13 in 1919...

Antonietta had a brother, as I said, younger than her.
In all this mess I can't find out who's Roberto.
Is he her brother?
Is he her son?

I've got a picture of family:
Husband, wife and two sons (Jimmy & Dario) and behind she wrote:
"Here's Roberto, his wife and sons".
Is she talking about her brother or her son????

My nonno is convinced Antonietta and her husband had a daughter.
He says this daughter married Roberto but the marriage was unlucky. They often broke up.
The rest of my family says my nonno's wrong.
Who's right????

I have a picture of Jimmy & Dario in their house garden. they must have been around 20, the picture is dated Jan1964...

Hope this will help you more.
Ciao !!!! Alessia.
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

VaDeb wrote:From the social security death index:

JAMES A MORELLI
born 25 Feb 1890
died 01 Sep 1966 (V)
last residence 91780 (Temple City, Los Angeles, CA) (# is a zip code)
SS# 168-10-3981
State number issued in: Pennsylvania

ANTONIETTA MORELLI
born 23 Nov 1903
died 17 Feb 2000 (V)
last residence 90806 (Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA)
SS# 191-20-8164
State number issued in Pennsylvania

I do not know if this is the correct Antonietta or if these two persons are related.
Does this ring any bells?
Debbie
Yes.... Antonietta maybe.
I don't think James because the pitcure I have of him is dated 1964, and he doesn't seem to be 74 yrs old!!! he was just a guy..like high school or what..
You mean with this that I missed her for only 5 yrs????????
She died in 2000???

Can't you find anything else about her?
maybe we're getting closer...Ale.
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

wldspirit wrote:If a manifest could be found......we would at least have more info to
go on.....I am assuming they traveled together as a family??
Mfjp is great at finding the elusive manifest!!!!!! :P

wldspirit

Also......which comune, province and region did they immigrate from??

I guess she traveled with her parents because she was young when they moved.
If my nonno's right and she was 13 at the time, she was not married yet.
Maybe she met her husband in us already.
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

wldspirit wrote:If a manifest could be found......we would at least have more info to
go on.....I am assuming they traveled together as a family??
Mfjp is great at finding the elusive manifest!!!!!! :P

wldspirit

Also......which comune, province and region did they immigrate from??
I have no idea where they left from.
I can tell you they all were from Rome but that's all i know. :cry:
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

goldhunter wrote:Hi Alessia,

You mentioned that you are sure the Morellis owned the home on Myrtus. It's likely that today, the house and neighborhood would look different than in the 60's but there may be something, perhaps a landmark of sorts in the pictures that might be a clue. If you can, scan the pictures and send them to me. The first chance I get, I'll check it out. Archived real estate records for Los Angeles county are kept in the city of Norwalk, not in Los Angeles like I was originally told. Norwalk is not very far from Temple City. I called the Temple City library and they do not have any older phone books. The person I talked to said they have older books in the Rosemead library which is very close to Temple City. Myrtus is only a few blocks long.

Good luck and don't give up yet, ... Jay
jay@greenleaf.com
jay,
i'll try to describe pictures until I find a way to send them to you:

the first is Antonietta & her husband sitting on a sofa.
So it's the inside of a (awful) living room, I guess.
They're already old (around 70) and it's dated Jan1961.

The second is of a family in a garden outside a house, it only shows them standing in line.
Wife, Husband, Jimmy and Dario.
Behind it Anotnietta wrote"Roberto, his wife and the sons"
They seem to be around 50 yrs old and children around 14/17.

The third (dated Jan 1964) is jimmy and dario, older than the previous - abt 20 -, in a house garden. i see some chairs but anything else. maybe a big white house in the back...

The fourth makes me confused.
it's a picture of a wedding day in a house garden, like you celebrate weddings (I mean: not in a church..)
I can surely recognize Antonietta close to "him" and another woman (unknown) close to the spouse.
I can't recognize who are the guys gettin'married, but surely someone very intimate to Antonietta. Maybe one of the Jimmy and Dario?
The garden seems like the one in picture 3.
the back is a big swimming pool and a little piece of the house.

My mom told me about " a house with a swimming pool"...she said they were enough rich...but I don'tknow anything else... :oops:

Ciao Ale....
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by wldspirit »

Jay,
I have the name and address of the CURRENT owner of the property if that will help. I was told that it is possible to research the records of previous ownership using this info. If you need this, you may pm me at this site......I don't want to post this in the forum, privacy issue and what not.
wldspirit

Alessia......do not give up......we may yet find something.....it will just take some time. Meanwhile, another forum to which I belong, has alot of posters native to the LA area.......maybe they can help to. :wink:
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

wldspirit wrote:Jay,
I have the name and address of the CURRENT owner of the property if that will help. I was told that it is possible to research the records of previous ownership using this info. If you need this, you may pm me at this site......I don't want to post this in the forum, privacy issue and what not.
wldspirit

Alessia......do not give up......we may yet find something.....it will just take some time. Meanwhile, another forum to which I belong, has alot of posters native to the LA area.......maybe they can help to. :wink:
:D Wild :D :
GRAZIE!!!

AleAle...
User avatar
Genquilts
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 15 Feb 2005, 00:00
Location: Santa Monica California
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by Genquilts »

Birth records would be located in the Los Angeles County records.

Temple City seem to have it's own school district. The high school there is Temple City High School: 9501 E. LEMON AVE., TEMPLE CITY CA 91780-1305 Phone number: 626-548-5113

Web site for the school district: http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/Scho ... um=0638980

Good luck!
Post Reply