Tucciarone surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

That is a good suggestion, thanks Deb. I will also look to see when Louis immigrated to the US and see if I can find a connection. I didn't see Joseph's brother Mariano, though.

I will keep images of this census just in case.

sue1anne
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

I have found this census in 1910 that looks like it could be Davide Tucciarone. He is a barber and the right age. I'm not sure where the rest of the family might be... Does it look like the right person?

[link] http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=16482797 [/link]

Thanks!
sue1anne
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

sue1anne wrote:I have found this census in 1910 that looks like it could be Davide Tucciarone. He is a barber and the right age. I'm not sure where the rest of the family might be... Does it look like the right person?

[link] http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=16482797 [/link]

Thanks!
sue1anne
Looking again, I found a problem with this. Although he is the correct age, and from Italy, it does show he is single. Also I can't tell what the relationship to the head of household is??? The name is very close and the age is right, but I'm just not sure. No wife and kids either...

sue1anne
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

Here is another one... Pasquinck

http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=18122630

Also listed as single :( , but she is from Italy, born in the right year, but immigrated in 1909. Sounding more and more like the wrong person. Darnit!

sue1anne
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by VaDeb »

sue1anne wrote:I have found this census in 1910 that looks like it could be Davide Tucciarone. He is a barber and the right age. I'm not sure where the rest of the family might be... Does it look like the right person?

[link] http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=16482797 [/link]

Thanks!
sue1anne
If it is the entry on line # 58, I think it reads Davide Guarniere. Not sure what it says for relationship.

How were you able to link directly to an image on Ancestry.com?

Debbie
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

Deb,
I can read the name, but if you sound out Tucciarone this could have been a mispronunciation. It gets butchered up pretty badly! I'm not having much luck, so I'm looking at misspellings and possibly someone who wrote the name down wrong. I've seen Ducherone, Tserne, Tusserone, Lucciaron, and some that have been way off!
I have a membership to Ancestry and I just copied the link into the post. I'm not sure how else to do it. If I'm supposed to do it another way, I'd be happy to.

sue1anne
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by VaDeb »

I understand what you mean about mis-spellings and miscommunications.

I usually save the census image to my computer and then use image shack to post a link to the image here. I wonder if those who do not have subscriptions to ancestry are able to access the posted image. Hopefully someone will try and let us know. It is simpler and quicker to do this way.

Debbie
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

Ok, I understand now. That hadn't actually crossed my mind. I will see if I can figure out Image Shack in the future.

Thanks for the tip!
sue1anne
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by wldspirit »

The link will not work unless subscribed to ancestry.com.......
for registration at imageshack...........
http://reg.imageshack.us/register.php
..........just a tip.....images will not upload if file size is to large....so use the
smallest file size available........
wldspirit
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

Thanks! I have it now. Here is the census I was asking about:

http://img202.echo.cx/img202/281/davide ... est8jn.jpg

sue1anne
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by mfjp »

I see a Davide Guarniere as well.
mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by mfjp »

Hi there! You had wondered whether Giuseppe had a brother Filippo. I did some digging and found a manifest with a Lavalla-Tucciarone connection... can't tell you whether this is a brother.. but will park this info here... just in case. This Filippo was off to Rochester to join his cousin Giuseppe Lavalla

First Name: Filippo
Last Name: Tucciarone
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Minturno
Date of Arrival: October 26, 1905
Age at Arrival:  13y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Prinzess Irene
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0017

mfjp
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2468080194
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

I'm sure that any Lavallas or Tucciarones near Rochester are relatives, I just have to figure out how they are related. The address for this Guiseppe Lavalla is the same as Joseph Lavalla, who I believe might be Pasqualina's brother. Great find! Thanks

sue1anne
User avatar
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 00:00

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by sue1anne »

Looking this over again, I didn't think this would be a brother to Davide Tucciarone because of Filippo's age. In 1905, Davide would have been 39 years old.

sue1anne
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by mfjp »

No, not Davide's brother, but Giuseppes... there is another Filippo who would be close to Davide's age... but travels with a Giovanni... must be related too.. will link that manifest later...

Just so you know, I haven't given up looking for Pasqua... she's evasive though...
Post Reply