Hi,
I finally found Saverio Soriero's birth record along with his wife's birth record and his wife's parent's promise of marriage record (their 2nd marriage for both). I found the records at the Family Search Center as suggested and will continue to search for more family records. I was very lucky I had someone help me that knew enough Italian to help read the records for names and dates. Everyone thank you for your help.
I would like to get Saverio's Baptism record. The Family Search Center don't have the Church records. The name of the Church on his birth record reads Santa Maria Assunta. I assume it would be in Ruvo del Monte, as that's where he was born. I have tried searching the net for the Church but can't get an address. Can anyone help with an address for the Church?
Thank you.
Sangerine
Santa Maria Assunta Church, Ruvo del Monte
Re: Santa Maria Assunta Church, Ruvo del Monte
Here you go
Parrocchia S. Maria Assunta
Piazza A. Degasperi
85020 Ruvo Del Monte (PZ)
Italy
Form letter for writing for church records just scroll down
http://freeitaliantranslations.blogspot.com/
Marty
Parrocchia S. Maria Assunta
Piazza A. Degasperi
85020 Ruvo Del Monte (PZ)
Italy
Form letter for writing for church records just scroll down
http://freeitaliantranslations.blogspot.com/
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Santa Maria Assunta Church, Ruvo del Monte
Hi Marty,
Thank you for your speedy reply.
I will try the letter as suggested from the site you suggested.
Again, thank you.
Sangerine
Thank you for your speedy reply.
I will try the letter as suggested from the site you suggested.
Again, thank you.
Sangerine
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Santa Maria Assunta Church, Ruvo del Monte
You realize that all you will get is a typewritten letter or maybe a form saying he was baptised there. You won't get an actual copy of the entry.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
