Hi Giovanni. is possible, and no strange, that Maria and Irene are same person; really seems Irene wrote in handwriting, but no sure... Irene is an very italian name! about the census are some error as you say, but I think that, really are your ancestors; the Genardo surname is an bingo to find.. I think that Anna no coming from Roma, but also from Sicily, very usual was in the past the marriage with woman of same town, or near... in fact Gennardo/i is in this spelling an sicilian surname....I think that Scaffidi is just spelling and also the birthdate of your ancestors on SSDI are just, this for my experience....
regards, suanj
Please help
Re: Please help
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Please help
A note on census or manifest names...........
misspellings are a given!!!!!
My grandfathers name is Settimio Cupi, grandmother Angela.
I have seen Settimio spelled the following ways on census.....
Saltennio....Sentennio.......Satimeo........
Angela became Angeline.......NOT her name......was and always has been ANGELA.
Cupi has been spelled Kupe......Cuppi......and Kupi.......
By using the names of my Aunts and Uncles I was able to correctly identify the family.......
wldspirit
misspellings are a given!!!!!
My grandfathers name is Settimio Cupi, grandmother Angela.
I have seen Settimio spelled the following ways on census.....
Saltennio....Sentennio.......Satimeo........
Angela became Angeline.......NOT her name......was and always has been ANGELA.
Cupi has been spelled Kupe......Cuppi......and Kupi.......
By using the names of my Aunts and Uncles I was able to correctly identify the family.......
wldspirit
- Giovanni1950
- Newbie

- Posts: 21
- Joined: 13 Jul 2005, 00:00
- Location: U.S.
Re: Please help
Yes Suanj I think you are correct about that being Anna and Antonio my Great Grandparents. I will see what I can find out from My Aunt and see also about my Great Aunt Lucille. I will post any new info then.
I agree too wldspirit that I need to try out different name variations on searches. Like Suanj said Genardo is a hard one to find in record searches. Thanks for the advice I will surely put it to use.
Thank You all;
Giovanni
I agree too wldspirit that I need to try out different name variations on searches. Like Suanj said Genardo is a hard one to find in record searches. Thanks for the advice I will surely put it to use.
Thank You all;
Giovanni
Re: Please help
Check with your local public library to see if they subscribe to Ancest.com.
My library does you just need to go there and do your research. My library also has a website for those with library cards that offers much information. Has access to the census records.
My library does you just need to go there and do your research. My library also has a website for those with library cards that offers much information. Has access to the census records.
Re: Please help
Was your Caterina Scafidi married to a Antonino MATTERAZZO? who Originated from Salina, Messina, Italy
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE


