I am about to visit Italy and wander the village that my ancestors left from to settle in NZ. Can anyone help me in regards to the best way to find early church records or any exsisting family who may stlll reside there. I speak no Italian and need to be as prepared in advance as I can.
My GGmother / Ggfather Santina Gannoni and Carlo Turchi left Livorno in 1886 on the ship Guttenburg and settled in Jacksons Bay NZ.
Any help would be much appreciated
Campigilia Marittima
Re: Campigilia Marittima
The town is: CAMPIGLIA(no Campigilia)Marittima in Livorno province http://www.comune.campigliamarittima.li.it/
About the records, you can find all certificates you need in Campiglia city Hall/Ufficio Anagrafe... for church records , before 1865, are this churchs:
-Chiesa parrocchiale di San Lorenzo
-Pieve di San Giovanni
regards, suanj
About the records, you can find all certificates you need in Campiglia city Hall/Ufficio Anagrafe... for church records , before 1865, are this churchs:
-Chiesa parrocchiale di San Lorenzo
-Pieve di San Giovanni
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

