Hello all
I'm trying to find the town my great-grandfather was born in. He listed it on my grandfather's birth certificate as 'Trivina'. As I can't find this town on the map-I am hoping his ship's manifest can clarify. The ship departed from Naples and the image is here:
https://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popu ... &line=0025
Can anyone tell? I'm wondering if it is Trivigno, Potenza.
I'm fairly certain this is his wife. The name is right, the town is Trivigno, and she is headed to the right destination (Chicago)--although her age is off. She should be 21 years old at this point. Odd. Perhaps different people?
https://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popu ... &line=0022
Thanks for your help!
Deciphering a name on ship passenger list
-
christinalynn
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 01 Apr 2013, 14:19
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Deciphering a name on ship passenger list
Why do you believe that Anna Carosiello is the wife of Nicola Carosiello? Italian women always keep their maiden name.christinalynn wrote:Hello all
I'm trying to find the town my great-grandfather was born in. He listed it on my grandfather's birth certificate as 'Trivina'. As I can't find this town on the map-I am hoping his ship's manifest can clarify. The ship departed from Naples and the image is here:
https://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popu ... &line=0025
Can anyone tell? I'm wondering if it is Trivigno, Potenza.
I'm fairly certain this is his wife. The name is right, the town is Trivigno, and she is headed to the right destination (Chicago)--although her age is off. She should be 21 years old at this point. Odd. Perhaps different people?
https://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popu ... &line=0022
Thanks for your help!
This Anna Carosiello arrived in 1904, while Nicola arrived in 1909 declaring that he left his wife in Trivigno.
In any case Nicola was born in Trivigno (Potenza)
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Deciphering a name on ship passenger list
There are some records on line for Trivigno: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D2043547