Guatieri Family History

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

This italians that was emigrated, in most part was illitterates, and they learn the music from ancient and popular tradition, but no studying...as you can see dear sidtindall, in some day, now we know more about Michael: that had an sister, an brother in law, the father, an nephew in Detroit! Now need to descover the italian birthplace, I hope that next days, we descover some other detail about he, that is possible to find the birthplace... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

It will be great if we can find thier origins. Thanks again, I will keep looking also.....
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

sidtindall wrote:It will be great if we can find thier origins. Thanks again, I will keep looking also.....
the HOPE is always GREAT :lol: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

I have been speaking to my father this morning and he said his father found a shop in Mt Casino with the name Guatieri over the door. This was during WWII. My granfather Lui(Luigi) actually fought for England during WWII and received the B.E.M(British Empire Medal) for bravery. He was mentioned in dispatches on 4 occasions. He won the medal in Northern Italy when a convoy of trucks carrying ammunition and fuel was trapped under heavy fire at a mountain pass. Two of the lorries caught fire and he steered them over the edges of the cliffs to safety.
My dad actually lived in the same house in Montague Street until 1946 and the family finally left there in 1950.
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

yes i understand.. Mt Cassino is Montecassino= Cassino mountain=Cassino town.. perhaps the birthplace is Cassino, but for an deep search are necessary some other detail, but if you want you can test in Cassino common and ask an search in birthregistries....regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

Yes, I have sent an email to the commune of Montecassino asking for some information. My Italian is not very good but I think they will understand what and who I am looking for......
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

Sure..! Also you can send the same email ( here are form letter in italian http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp) also to Scapoli....Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

I have found another Guatieri in the UK. His name is Raffaelle and he married Maria Franciosi in Sunderland in 1884. I haven't found any other records for him as yet....
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

are interesting this:


Franciosy, Antonio abt 1826 Scapoli, Italy Father Sunderland Durham
Franciosy, Peter abt 1857 Scapoli, Italy Head Sunderland Durham
--------
so the Franciosi in Sunderland was from SCAPOLI, here in my region! The Guatieri also are most diffused in SCAPOLI... for first search in Italy, the chances are between Cassino and Scapoli, and if replies are negative, need to search in other near commons of this regions ............ hoping an good result........regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

Hi I found another interesting record: Angelo Antonio Funda(Fionda) and Concetta wife(nee Guatieri) and Teresa daughter, more AUGUSTINE(AGOSTINO or AUGUSTINO) GUATIERI, and Francesco Fionda and family, in BRISTOL, 1891 census ...
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7162 ... a18914.jpg



is interesting that also in other pages, are many italian surnames very misspelled, so I read the are possible that this surname are: Capalto(Capaldi/o?), Resa(Risi? Rossi?), Di Cicco, Vallenda(Valente or Violante)....
perhaps you can see more ... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

I have received a letter from Citta Di Cassino, Provincia di Frosinone. it says the following....
In riscontro la Sua nota siamo spiacenti di non porterLa aiutare in quanto agli atti di questo ufficio non risulta l'atto di nascita di Augustine Guatieri poiche a causa dei noti eventi bellici del 1943-'44, tutti gli atti di questo Comune sono stati distrutti e l'atto di cui trattasi non risulta essere stato ricostituito.
It appears that I will not be able to get any records from them. I have also sent a letter to Scapoli but have not had a reply from them as yet.
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

Hi: in the reply's letter are not the registries, because destruction WWII° ... and some registry was reconstituted, but no the registry pertaining your search... this is an problem, because also in Frosinone's Archive is no possible an search... but we hope in God, that all is always possible.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
sidtindall
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 May 2005, 00:00
Location: Australia

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by sidtindall »

It appears that the father of Raffaelle Guatieri listed on his marriage certificate in 1884 to Maria Franciosi is Antoni therefore we may have two families of Guatieri's if Augustine is the father of Concetta. It does not say where they were from though, just Italy.
L-P Australia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by suanj »

Now, could be that really your ancestors came from Scapoli, because the Franciosi was from Scapoli... waiting Scapoli common reply you.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Leutnant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: Guatieri Family History

Post by Leutnant »

Hello,

I am the great-great grandson of Concetta Guatieri and live in the Detroit area. She was indeed married to Angelantonio Fionda. I have very little information about the family's origin in Italy, but my great-grandmother always said it was a small village outside of Rome. It is interesting to hear that some of the family immigrated to Australia.
Post Reply