Savastano Surname
Re: Savastano Surname
Thanks Trish!
Re: Savastano Surname
Trish,
I sent the letter that you posted yesterday so hopefully I will hear something soon. Thanks for all of your help. Is there anyway to find out the New Jersey adoption records for my fathers half brother and sister that you know of?
Tiffany
I sent the letter that you posted yesterday so hopefully I will hear something soon. Thanks for all of your help. Is there anyway to find out the New Jersey adoption records for my fathers half brother and sister that you know of?
Tiffany
Re: Savastano Surname
Hi Tiffiany,tlsava wrote:Trish,
I sent the letter that you posted yesterday so hopefully I will hear something soon. Thanks for all of your help. Is there anyway to find out the New Jersey adoption records for my fathers half brother and sister that you know of?
Tiffany
I read your email and I am responding back to you now. However, I wanted to touch base with you about the Adoption Records.
Now Adoption Records are sealed in almost every State in the USA. Only a few States have opened their files. It doesn't matter if a person is alive or deceased, they do not like opening records. The only way records could be open is by a court order and if they feel it is justified.
However, depending on the place of adoptions, such as Catholic Social Service, you can obtain "non-identifying" information. Also, note there is a fee even for this "non-identifying" information.
The other chance of hope is that they children were never adopted out. If they stayed in the Orphange until they were 18, then there is a good chance that you might be able to get some information from them.
I hope this helps.
Trish
ps-I know about this first hand for I was adopted!
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: Savastano Surname
Trish,
I just got the letter from Social Security with my dads fathers name on it... I was so far off his fathers name was Charles.
Thank you for sending me the infromation on where to send the letter.
Tiffany
I just got the letter from Social Security with my dads fathers name on it... I was so far off his fathers name was Charles.
Thank you for sending me the infromation on where to send the letter.
Tiffany
Re: Savastano Surname
Hi Tiffany,tlsava wrote:Trish,
I just got the letter from Social Security with my dads fathers name on it... I was so far off his fathers name was Charles.
Thank you for sending me the infromation on where to send the letter.
Tiffany
I'm glad you got your information from Social Security.
Remember all the information I sent your via email about the different Patrick's and Anthony's that were in the 1930 Census? I hope you still have it. There could be a clue.
I know tons of men whose name was Pasquale and they went by the nickname Charles. I even done research where they said the names was Charles and in reality it was Pasquale. So remember that Patrick we found, that could be a big clue.
Here are Charles and Patrick in the 1930 Census
Pasquale Savastano
Parents: Frank Savastano, & Louise Savastano from Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, born abt 1916
Here's a Patsy whose father was Antonio.
Patsy Savastano
Parents: Antonio Savastano, & Madsleno Savastano from New Kensington, Westmoreland, PA, born abt 1916
Charles Savastano
Parents: Alberico Savastano, & Aseunta Savastano from Lawrence, Essex, MA, born abt 1915 ]
I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

