JRosano2012 wrote:Hello,
I found some birth certificates on possible relatives from Palermiti on Family search.org and was hoping to get some help with translation. If I could get one translated I am sure I could figure out the others. This certificate is for Rosa Rosano, top left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Johnny
Dated May 21, 1886 at 3:16 P.M. in the town hall of Palermiti
Appearing was Antonio Rosano, age 30, a cowboy. He reported that at 6:13 a.m. on the 20th of May in the house at #192 via Fratelli Bandiera, a female infant was born to his wife, Serafina Marcrillo`, a spinner who was living with him. It was this infant whom he was presenting and to whom was being given the name Rosa. Witnesses were Vincenzo Tripodi, age 30,a tailor, and Pietro Giampa, age 27, also a tailor. The town official gave a reading of the document to all who intervened but only he and the witnesses signed the document below. The informant, the infant's father, did not know how to write.
Erudita