This is indeed the correct Arcario Family. Father: Joseph (Giuseppe) b. 1862, Caltabellotta. Would like any information about his father, uncles, etc. Many, many. Thanks.
Any information about Rinaldi family (Teresa, b. 1868) in Ribera.
Arcario, Cina,Ribera
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
I know exactly who you are talking about. Vincenzo Arcario was born in Ribera on 22 Jan 1891, to Giuseppe Arcario from Caltabellotta (b. 7 Jul 1862) and Teresa Rinoldo (b. 1865) from Ribera. His wife was Antonina Cina' (that's an accent mark), born 22 Aug 1897 in Ribera. Vincent had siblings Benedetto (he was born as Benedetto Rinoldo on 2 Jul 1888 since it was before his parents married and his father didn't acknowledge paternity until after he was born), also from Ribera, and Giuseppe (b. 8 Jan 1894 in Italy), Giuseppa (b. 11 Mar 1900, possibly in Menfi), Angelina (b. 17 Jul 1905 in NY), and Caterina (b. 8 Mar 1906 in NY). I have records about Vincent, Benedict, and Kate's children as well.
I have much more extensive records on Antonina "Antoinette" Cina, since that is how I'm (distantly) related to this family. I have birth, marriage, and death records from Ribera for these people and thousands of other relatives.
I have much more extensive records on Antonina "Antoinette" Cina, since that is how I'm (distantly) related to this family. I have birth, marriage, and death records from Ribera for these people and thousands of other relatives.
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
I've only just today seen your post.
I'm sitting in a hotel waiting for my wife so I don't have my genealogy database with me. The family rumor is that the Cina' family is from Switzerland or northern Italy. Can you confirm or deny this rumor?
I'm sitting in a hotel waiting for my wife so I don't have my genealogy database with me. The family rumor is that the Cina' family is from Switzerland or northern Italy. Can you confirm or deny this rumor?
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
No, the Cina' family was from Ribera in Sicily, going back to at least the 18th century. Antonina's father was Pietro "Peter" Cina' (b. 29 Nov 1855, d. in America), his father was Antonino Cina' (b. 6 Sep 1830), his father was Antonino Cina' (b. ~1803, d. 17 Jun 1844), and his father was Gerlando Cina' (d. before 1826). There were few people named Cina' in Ribera at that time, but the name was common in Bivona (also in Agrigento province and where it probably originated) and parts of Palermo.
BTW, I can give you access to my tree on Ancestry if you'd like. It has over 20,000 people in it connected to Ribera. If you're interested send me a PM.
BTW, I can give you access to my tree on Ancestry if you'd like. It has over 20,000 people in it connected to Ribera. If you're interested send me a PM.
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
I just did a little more digging. Gerlando's wife Maria Anna Francavilla was from Palazzo Adriano (near Bivona) in Palermo province. Moreover, in Ribera I can find records for only at most 1 Cina' who was in Gerlando's generation, a man named Filippo who if not the same man as Gerlando's son (b. ~1790) then was his brother (I'll have a better idea which is true on Saturday). So it seems likely that the Cina' family moved to Ribera in the late 18th c., but if so it was probably from Bivona or somewhere in Palermo. There are no concentrations of people with the name Cina' in northern Italy.
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
I should've mentioned before that I also have a lot of information on Teresa Rinoldo's ancestors, including 6 of her great-grandparents and 4 great-great-grandparents. Also, Vincenzo Arcario's brother Maurice was born Mariano Rinoldo on 23 Mar 1886 in Ribera, since, as with his brother Benedetto, his parents weren't married yet at the time of his birth and his father Giuseppe Arcario didn't acknowledge paternity until later.
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
I stumbled across Gerlando Cina's death record from Ribera in 1824 the other day and saw that he was indeed born in Bivona, around 1759. It appears that he was the first Cina' in Ribera. His parents were Filippo Cina' and Carmela Maniscalco, normal Sicilian names.
Re: Arcario, Cina,Ribera
I would like very much to access to your tree. Many thanks.

