Hi, I recently found relatives from the 1700's. I treid looking up the town that it says that they are from but I think it no longer exists. Is thi spossible and if so what would this town be called today? The town is called Umbriatico in the province of Cantanzaro in Calabria.
Thanks!
Town with a different Name?
Re: Town with a different Name?
I found a town by that name, and its in the Calabria region, but the province is different. The province is Controne.
could it be the same one?
could it be the same one?
Re: Town with a different Name?
sorry, i spelled the province name wrong.
Its crotone
Its crotone
Re: Town with a different Name?
Umbriatico town is currently in CROTONE province, but CROTONE is an recente italian province (born from an provincial area of Catanzaro province), so in the past Umbriatico was in Catanzaro province.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


