Unsure of surname spelling. What surnames sound like this?
-
Thatgenealogykid
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 21:14
Unsure of surname spelling. What surnames sound like this?
I'm not sure if the surname is bellotti, or bilotti or what it is. It sounds like bih-lah-tea in english. Any other surnames sound like that?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Unsure of surname spelling. What surnames sound like thi
It could be either; you would have to hear it properly pronounced by an Italian to have some certainty, but the latter would likely be more of Bee-lot-tee.
Current name distribution within Italy is -
Bellotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UHSyjLIaI
Bilotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UHYijLIaI
You can hear one or more native Italians pronouncing words/names here: http://www.forvo.com/search/bellotti/ You can also post new name/word requests which are typically fulfilled in a day or two.
Current name distribution within Italy is -
Bellotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UHSyjLIaI
Bilotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UHYijLIaI
You can hear one or more native Italians pronouncing words/names here: http://www.forvo.com/search/bellotti/ You can also post new name/word requests which are typically fulfilled in a day or two.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
-
Thatgenealogykid
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 21:14
Re: Unsure of surname spelling. What surnames sound like thi
I mean in English though. Would it be bellotti then? What other surnames fit the sound?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Unsure of surname spelling. What surnames sound like thi
Did you listen to http://www.forvo.com/search/bellotti/ ?
It sounds very similar to your bih-lah-tea with the exception of more like "bell" than "bih" for the first syllable however that may be your ears or the person speaking that makes the difference.
Can you explain a bit better? Have you bih-lah-tea and you are trying to decide what names to search fo? If so, I would consider Belotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UMnCjLIaI
It sounds very similar to your bih-lah-tea with the exception of more like "bell" than "bih" for the first syllable however that may be your ears or the person speaking that makes the difference.
Can you explain a bit better? Have you bih-lah-tea and you are trying to decide what names to search fo? If so, I would consider Belotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UMnCjLIaI
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
-
Thatgenealogykid
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 21:14
Re: Unsure of surname spelling. What surnames sound like thi
The names I have, are bellotti, belotti, and bilotti. Its more of an uh sound (like Umpire). What I want, is more spellings if there are. Or names that are spelled similar. You know, names that I can search for records with.johnnyonthespot wrote:Did you listen to http://www.forvo.com/search/bellotti/ ?
It sounds very similar to your bih-lah-tea with the exception of more like "bell" than "bih" for the first syllable however that may be your ears or the person speaking that makes the difference.
Can you explain a bit better? Have you bih-lah-tea and you are trying to decide what names to search fo? If so, I would consider Belotti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 4UMnCjLIaI