My family came to the US between 1890s through 1910's. When they came over they Americanized their surname to Uvanni. I've found it as " Tovanni" , "Jovanni" "Iovanni" "Iovane" on various records ( like Ellis Island papers etc). When I search familysearch.org, though, I can't really find a single thing , though with those last names. Is there any surname that I could be missing? What would you think Uvanni would be in its original Italian language? They came over from Dugenta, Benevento, Campania, Italy. Not sure if that helps.
Thanks so much!!
Surname help!
Re: Surname help!
In Benevento is found the surname De Ioanni.
Maybe that is the name?
T.
Maybe that is the name?
T.
-
DisneyFreak247
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 31 May 2014, 04:40
Re: Surname help!
I will definitely check into that surname! Thanks so much! I have been trying to figure out all the different possibilities for months now. Figured I needed some help. Thanks again!
Re: Surname help!
Hi if this ship's manifest is abt your ancestor
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004
well the surname is Jovanni (=Iovanni currently) and on ellisisland.org website is transcribed Tovanni, but right italian spelling is JOVANNI/IOVANNI..
hoping helpful,
regards,
suanj
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004
well the surname is Jovanni (=Iovanni currently) and on ellisisland.org website is transcribed Tovanni, but right italian spelling is JOVANNI/IOVANNI..
hoping helpful,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
DisneyFreak247
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 31 May 2014, 04:40
Re: Surname help!
Thats what I was thinking and yes those are my ancestors! Thanks SO much for your input!

